I've seen a real nice tele (yeah its a squier just ignore that), well its a custom HH tele and i'd buy it were it not for one thing - the volume pot for the bridge pickup is screwed. it's brand new and the store won't repair it for free saying that the reason is that they have already taken £100 off the price.
so here's the problem:
when you adjust the volume, unless you pull the knob out slighly, the output cuts out while you are turning it. it also cuts briefly if you push the knob down a little or tap it. this could be either dust in the connection, or a bit of bad soldering.

note that this is a high end squier, and i have played it and such so don't post if you are just going to suggest i "get an ibanez instead" or if you want to say how much you hate squier.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Your question/Point is?
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
oops forgot that... my question was:

what do you think the problem could be? is this easy to repair i.e. something i could do myself or something that is going to cost money?

i knew i'd forgotten something lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

Well i'm going to presume you've never soldered before,So i suggest learning how to do a rough job,Volume pots are extremely cheap on places like ebay so i suggest there for the soldering equipment too.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
you presumed wrong, i am studying electronics at college as part of sound engineering so i've done quite a lot of soldering.
i don't actually know what is wrong with the pot, the things i said were just my guess, but yes i can solder a new pot, but whether it's gonna be needed or not is what i'm wondering.
Rig Winter 2017:

Cool,Yeah i'd say those symptoms point towards a bad connection in my opinion,Good luck!

The Cubists