Page 1 of 2
Thats pretty good. I like it, but I don't really think the singing fits the song. In some parts like the chorus are okay... but I think it needs more feeling, sorta anger. I mean, come on, he's singing about never knowing his real father. Get into the song.
nice vocals in the beginning, but yeah..som more anger!

good guitar
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
hehe why to get angry??

this is just for fun! just rockin' da shi* out of it!
My Stuff:

92' Epiphone Les Paul standard plus
V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
aph-1 alnico II pro pickups
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
thanks for the feedback gents. I appreciate it. It will only help me to get better at singing. If you guys have anything for me to crit, I would be happy to do it. Let me know. Thanks again.

PEACE
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Thanx Jamin'

Keep'em Comin' !!
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
On your Nothing Else Matters Solo....
Sounds good, but do it again and make sure to hit all the notes
Give the whole song a try
hehe this solo is OLD !
i did it like a six monthes ago...i belive since that i've got
allot better

but thanx anyway dude
maybe crit our Alive cover and my solo in That song ?
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
it was pretty good. that's a lot coming from a major PJ fan. what did you use to record that??
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
are the veins in his own arm."
Last edited by not_enough at Mar 23, 2007,
i use my V-amp2 plugged to the pc and "n-track studio" to record,
and chris i think also plugged his guitar and mic to the pc and using cubase.

thanx for da crit man ill check your PJ "black" cover too..
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Hmm, that was a very good cover. Both guitar and vocals. The only suggestion I have is maybe trying to add some more emotion to the vocals around 3:25 - whenever the vocal part ends.

Very good work though, I really enjoyed it.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I think the guitar playing sounds very good a lot of the time. You want to get the bridge down a bit more... the guitar seems to drop out too much. The solo is good too - no complaints there, but you might want to try and get a few faster runs going on... it seems to be content to meander on, which is alright but you've got to remember its a 2 minute solo, you need to keep it interesting!

My only real moan is the vocals, sorry... I don't like them at all
Thanx for crits guys! realy appreciate it!

and Tom thanx for crit to, but listen we not pro's
we just two guys living 1/2 a world apart doin' fun!
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Quote by Tom Martin
I think the guitar playing sounds very good a lot of the time. You want to get the bridge down a bit more... the guitar seems to drop out too much. The solo is good too - no complaints there, but you might want to try and get a few faster runs going on... it seems to be content to meander on, which is alright but you've got to remember its a 2 minute solo, you need to keep it interesting!

My only real moan is the vocals, sorry... I don't like them at all

Thanks for the crit. What didn't you like about the vocals? Just the tone, the volumes or which part? I would like any advice you have on how to improve. I am having loads of fun at this.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

Quote by not_enough
it was pretty good. that's a lot coming from a major PJ fan. what did you use to record that??

My part was just using cubase and going direct from my guitar into the computer. My mic is a Shure SM57.

Quote by Scott3229

hey chris i've manage to get a BT from "guitar pro 5" to our new song
check you mail
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
I think the vocals sound great I just would prefer them to be a little louder. sometimes at least in my headphones they kind of blend in too much with the music. everything else is solid, nothing to complain about. quality is very good as well. do you guys every do any original songs?

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551811
hey i like your alive cover, i liked your solo you changed it in your own style but still made it fit in with the vibe of the song, i did one myself heres the address http://www.myspace.com/cogggaann here i couldn't ask you a favour would there be ay chance you could email me just the vocal track for that without any reverb or additional effects on it as id love to add it on top of my cover if you can't no worrys but id love to have some vocals on mine but have no singing talent whatsoever. thanks anyways oh and check out my cover and tell me what you think
for that you'll have to talk with chris, i belive he will be here
tomorrow.. thanx for crittin'

oh and your version was realy good just need vocals
to make it better indeed..
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
ok thanks i dont have a clue who chris is but next time your talking to him would you ask him if he minds me putting his vocal track over my cover and if he doesn't then if you would ask him to pm me with details about how to get the file, your help in this would be greatly apressiated thanks
I'm impressed... the vocals come really close to sounding like Eddie Vedder which is even more impressive Good stuff.
Quote by captian_face
ok thanks i dont have a clue who chris is but next time your talking to him would you ask him if he minds me putting his vocal track over my cover and if he doesn't then if you would ask him to pm me with details about how to get the file, your help in this would be greatly apressiated thanks

Chris is me....

I did the vocals on that one....I'd be happy to send out the vocal track. PM me your email address and I will do what I can. I just got home from work so I am too tired to listen to anything tonight.... I work again tomorrow but I promise to return all of the crits left on this thread Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks to eveyone that has listened so far.

Quote by Scott3229

hey chris did you send your vocal track to captain_face?
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Tone lacks the clarity, but its ok! You should pan the track, would fill out the sound better!

Vocals seem pretty good for the verse, not so much the chorus, tho great effort, its not easy to do it!!

Solo was nice I must say!! Did you improv some ya?

Overall good attempt, but just seems weak..
Not yet, he PM'd me. I just woke up about 15 min. ago. I just got done working 2 13 hour days in a row so I am a little tired. I will try to get to it today.

Quote by Scott3229

Quote by False_God
Tone lacks the clarity, but its ok! You should pan the track, would fill out the sound better!

Vocals seem pretty good for the verse, not so much the chorus, tho great effort, its not easy to do it!!

How do you pan the track? I am still quite a noob at recording stuff.

Quote by Scott3229

Basically, just coppy that original guitar track (thats on audiotrack 1), and paste it onto another audio track (Audiotrack 2) Then select track one and pan 100% to left, and track two 100% to the left. What program do you use?
I use cubase LE. That makes sense.....thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot. Should I just pan the lead guitar or the entire song???

Quote by Scott3229

Quote by False_God

yea i was improvised about 30 seconds after the begining of the solo...

Quote by False_God

ammmmm.... thanx...?
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
thanks for critting mine.
as for yours, i really like it. the vocals are pretty good, they sound pretty vedder-ish so i dont know why some people have a problem with it. the guitar is impressive as well, especially the improvization in the solo.

if consequences dictate my course of action

i should play god and shoot you myself
Typing this while I'm listening...

Sounds good! Great quality of the song in general, as always!
Chris' voice sounds beter here then on the other songs I must say! Only thing I can crit is that your voice sounds a little bit out of air sometimes, noticed that on the other songs too.
The rythm guitar is excellent and Ben, that's perfect! Wow, that solo Ben! You are really really improving, I can't believe you have only played for about.. almost 2 years or so? Amazing.

Great cover, as always (though this one was a bit better, you two are really improving). Awesome
Thanx Cizz' !

can't get enough of your crits (And your music)
im realy waiting for your next stuff,
hope you'll get back and post things soon

and BTW our next song is "open your eyes" by alter bridge
hope it will be ready soon
My Stuff:

V-AMP2
peavey rage 158 15w
slash sw-95 wah pedal

My Soundclick
Cool ! Can't wait for your new song!

My new song will probably be Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica, but I think it will take a while to nail it for me.. , maybe even a few months but I'll probably upload another quicky vid of me earlier or something .
Okay friends, I am pretty sure that I replied and reciprocated all crits on this thread for people who left a link. If I forgot anyone, please let me know. Thanks for all the crits thus far. Ben and I appreciate it.

Quote by Scott3229

Vocals werent too bad, this is an awesome song.. I think with practice you could definitely do this justice. Right now you have it right within your hands, its just a few high notes that were off, but your lows sound actually quite similar to Pearl Jam.. I actually thought your Chorus was pretty good.
Great guitar work and drumming sounds spot on..
Nice job!! Keep at it for sure

ps. im still listening here near the end, and I still think you really sound kinda like him
Good song choice.
Work to live, not live to work.
Page 1 of 2