So I've started a new build. I have the body wood, neck, parts, ect. But I want your input on my design. I made the picture in "mspaint" by cutting images of my guitar wood into form. So the picture your seeing is the actual wood I'm using on the guitar. I know the picture is a bit crappy, but barre with me. I want to know what you think of it. What should I add? What should I change? Or comment away if you like.

The sides of the guitar are going to be black, and I'm probably going to be putting creme binding/purfling on it to add some dimension. So with that said, do you think a light burst would be a good idea? The back of the guitar will have a dull burst on the back. Sort of a worn look. All the knobs are going to be loaded on the side of the guitar, as not to interfere with strumming/sweeps. (I thought it would be a cool idea.) I'm using a tele neck, not the one in the picture. Also, the hardware I have is chrome, not gold. Just be aware of both of those factors.

Your thoughts?
Fore some reason, this reminds me of a rickenbacker 4001

Some day I will own one of those...

If you put all of the knobs on the side, I reccomend you to put the switch there as well. When I play guitar, the switch is the thing that bothers me the most, I have to tape it when I play live.
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
honestly......(i shouldn't even state my opinion, cause im a shit head) but its boring, just a PRS with all the same colors basically
Quote by stellar_legs
You know, Jonathan Brandis from The Never Ending Story Part 2 died a few years back.

Guess his story ended.....

BOOM!
I reallly don't think the neck suits the body.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by B-Cup666
honestly......(i shouldn't even state my opinion, cause im a shit head) but its boring, just a PRS with all the same colors basically

Well a PRS is what I'm after. I like it's simple design, and easy play-ability.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
Where are the knobs

*It's mentioned in the post

On the side of the guitar. But I'm going to drill a hole for each knob, so it fits halfway in halfway out. Kind of hidden.
Quote by 6WS
*It's mentioned in the post

On the side of the guitar. But I'm going to drill a hole for each knob, so it fits halfway in halfway out. Kind of hidden.

I don't think that would be very cool. I just think the whole guitar is a little too goddy. Maybe forget the stripe down the middle of the body or at least the pearl bindings along the stripe.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
nice design, but i agree the headstock/neck doenst suit the body well.

cool idea with the knobs though, id love to see a design for that or an example
NEW GEAR:
Ibanez RG7420
Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollowbody- W/ Duncans
Roland Microcube
B52 AT112 60 watt
Monster Cables

STOLEN:
Deluxe Double Fat Strat- Pewter
Gibson SG- w/ SD Invader
Line 6 Flextone II w/floorboard
i(ncubus) play...

I'm set on giving it the three piece top. Why wouldn't the knobs on the side be a good idea? Accessibility reasons? Or something else?
Quote by 6WS
i(ncubus) play...

I'm set on giving it the three piece top. Why wouldn't the knobs on the side be a good idea? Accessibility reasons? Or something else?

Which side?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

To the left/right of the input. (The input would be placed similar to a les paul.)
I would place the knobs on the upper side, facing me in play position. Would be a lot easier to dail in a nice tone.
^ I'll try and work out a design with that idea. I thought of that before though. It seemed to me if the knobs were on top, you would have to reach away from your guitar to turn a knob. The bottom seems more like you could reach down and sweep your hand across it quicker. Maybe not. I'll try working with it though.
Wouldn't you have trouble lowering the volume quickly etC?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Another way would be to place the knobs behind the stopbar. You never "play" there.
I just don't think knobs on the side would be a good idea, for one, if you hit the side of the guitar against anything your knobs will get messed up. And I have no problems hitting my knobs while playing and can get to them very quickly
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
if I were you.. I'll change the shape of the head.. it's just doesn't fit to it's body... maybe you can chage the shape like strat.. and for the body, I suggest don't put any binding and finish it using satin transculent finish not glossy... it will be more elegant... you can show the wood... btw, what is the type of wood???
GEAR

Marlique Excalibur(The Best Indonesian Guitar)
Marshall AVT50X
Digitech RP 350
If it hasn't been said already, move the pick up selector switch above the pups.

I don't the the neck and body go together either, change one of those if you can
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨