i want to play heavier stuff like rage against the machine and hard rock would it be better to get the hotrail for a strat or the jb jr.

and for you fender fanboys that say its an abomination its a mexican strat so its not a big deal
I <3 Hotrails to be blunt
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I would get a new pickguard and a regular full size humbucker. The 'Dimebucker' looks cool. I'd like to try one of those myself.
i would get humbuckers....im not sure waht the hotrail thing is sry...you know you can install like gibson pickups in a strat like eddie van halen did.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by tagyoureit
I would get a new pickguard and a regular full size humbucker. The 'Dimebucker' looks cool. I'd like to try one of those myself.

the dimebucker was craptacular
i really hated mine
its very toneless
if your going for the blade pickup for the bill laurence one - its the one dime actually used.

but the hot rails should be good for you - iron maiden use them etc

EDIT- a hotrail is basically a humbucker but in the size of a single coil
so you get the humbucker tone in the smaller package
Last edited by phillikesguitar at Mar 22, 2007,
Quote by stratson
i want to play heavier stuff like rage against the machine and hard rock would it be better to get the hotrail for a strat or the jb jr.

and for you fender fanboys that say its an abomination its a mexican strat so its not a big deal

tom morrello has a MIJ strat with standard single coils and a hot rail in the bridge
he also has a killswitch and FR
so i would recommend a hot rail
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1