I was wondering if i could put a splitter on my amp so i can run 2 guitars on the same amp. Would it work?
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
MXR Dyna Comp
Boss PS-5 Super Shifter
Both at the same time.
Gear:
Vox AD50VT
MXR Dyna Comp
Boss PS-5 Super Shifter
It works, you get sound and clean/distortion etc., but it tends to affect the tone a fair bit. you usually lose either the lows, highs, or both. I wouldn't recommend doing it in a tube amp, just in case.
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
I have a Vox Ad50VT, it won't damage it right?
Gear:
Vox AD50VT
MXR Dyna Comp
Boss PS-5 Super Shifter
It works as long as it has 2 speakers. But if one guitar is using active pickups and the other one passive then the guitar with actives is going to drain all the sound from the other guitar.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by deadmansdiary
It works as long as it has 2 speakers. But if one guitar is using active pickups and the other one passive then the guitar with actives is going to drain all the sound from the other guitar.

What? You have no idea what you are talking about.

The sound will go through both speakers then anyway. There isn't going to be any 'sound-drainage'; it will only (probably) be somewhat muddy.
Ive tried it on an MG15, it works.

And on a stereo beringher, dunno what model. Same effect on tone on both amps.
Originally posted by jimmeh
I'm gonna try and teach my gf bass. I've only tried once, and we were both naked and still in bed, so it didn't work so well.
So it won't work on my Vox since it only has one speaker?
Gear:
Vox AD50VT
MXR Dyna Comp
Boss PS-5 Super Shifter
Quote by deadmansdiary

Am i on crazy pills?!?!?

you might put two guitars into an amp, but remember there is still only one amplifier. so you will recieve a mixture of two guitars, usally ending in horrible muddy sounds. Not to mention its a waste of time.

just use two amps
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!