Yeah, so it's obvious I play metal, and my guitar is equipped with the stock Duncan Designed pickups that the guitar comes with. I play a lot of Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Anthrax, y'know... a lot of the big thrash names and all that. Would a dimebucker be a good idea for it's price, or could I get a better metal pickup (like an active EMG)?
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
go with the EMG
foolish minister,
again you have mistaken
its absolute power over
this body i have taken
This child belongs to me now
to the one who reigns in hell
the demon of great power
the demon SAMAEL!
what r u guys talking about? i love mine....these guys just piss me off. It is noisy so people put up a stink. You need to sccop the mids or just get a noise gate and your set. The thing cuts like a diamond and you get serious pick attack with it. its kinda shabby in the Clean area but thats what neck pickups are for. And just so you guys know i have an LTD EC-1000 with active EMG's and altough i love it to death its harder to get my tone out of them. Dimebucker FTW
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Hm. All the hits on Musiciansfriend were all passive EMGS... so about how much would an active cost, and how do they work, as far as changing batteries or whatever it is with them?
-GEAR-

Schecter C-1 XXX
Squier Fender Stratocaster
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960A Lead Cabinet
Peavey Studio Pro 112
MXR Carbon Copy

Check out my band:www.myspace.com/silentsurrendertx
you need new pots so 15-20 bucks.....100 a pup......and a hole drilled into your guitar for a battery...i dont know how much that is.....so about id say 250-300 bucks at the start. but to save batteries you just unplug it from your amp whenever your not using it.......like an effects pedal. I've had my LTD for about 3 months and just changed the battery....which is easy btw
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
what r u guys talking about? i love mine....these guys just piss me off. It is noisy so people put up a stink. You need to sccop the mids or just get a noise gate and your set. The thing cuts like a diamond and you get serious pick attack with it. its kinda shabby in the Clean area but thats what neck pickups are for. And just so you guys know i have an LTD EC-1000 with active EMG's and altough i love it to death its harder to get my tone out of them. Dimebucker FTW

Exactly. You need a noise gaite to lose the wierd output it gives off. Don't get it. It is a wierd sounding pickup that doesn't really sound anything like those classic metal bands.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
hey man, if you want my opinion, EMG's are great, but a pain to install. I popped some Dimarzios into my Jackson DXMG and they sound great and are easy to install. I have an Evolution in the Bridge and a Fred in the neck (I suggest an Air Norton instead of the Fred). The evolution can be a tad trebly, but not nearly as the piece of crap Dimebucker. The evolution is rich in mids and has tight, punchy bass. Personally, I love it. Even with my shitty Crate 65 watt amp with a Death Metal pedal.