i need a design/advice for building a homemade crossbow, or a normal long bow

i feel like building something to give somthing to do in my spare time, i want to build either a crossbow or a bow, or both, i just cant find many designs on the internet to build one, any suggestions? tips? thanks
and you will use these for...?
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by §tratôcaster
hes gunna pwn all teh noobs with his longbow LAWL

Myne haz +4 STR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

I can't wait until I see an article on a website about how some kid went on a rampage with a crossbow
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
What are you, retarded? How can you not know how to build a long bow or a crossbow.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
you cant ask a simple question without ****in assholes being smartasses, maybe i should go on a rampage, id be a better world anyways without most of you lol. and i plan on using these for, 1) giving me somthing to do in my spare time, and 2) shooting trees?
I used to make bows every once in a while.....You want a sturdy, but still flexible, wood then you strio the bark and stuff off, sand it until it's smooth, let it soak in water for maybe 3-4 days, sand it off again, carve out your string notches, string it and shoot.......You want it to only have a slight curve so you get more tension and make sure to unstring it every time after you use it or it will bend too much and you'll lose your tension...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I used to make bows every once in a while.....You want a sturdy, but still flexible, wood then you strio the bark and stuff off, sand it until it's smooth, let it soak in water for maybe 3-4 days, sand it off again, carve out your string notches, string it and shoot.......You want it to only have a slight curve so you get more tension and make sure to unstring it every time after you use it or it will bend too much and you'll lose your tension...

what kind of wood would you reccomend?

thanks
What kind of DPS are you going for?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by cobain_is_king
I'm intrigued as to what youre gonna use this for

to kill some of the dicks that posted above you , nah, i just want somthing to do
Quote by TheEyeOfHorus
what kind of wood would you reccomend?

thanks

Any tree that grows near water is usually good but yew is ideal.....I have a willow tree near my house so I used that since it grew by a pond making it a saturated, more flexible wood...

Edit: Make sure BOTH ends of your bow are equal in thickness or it will bend into this retarded looking boomarang thing...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by E Daws
What are you, retarded? How can you not know how to build a long bow or a crossbow.

Erm, with no experience it is quite hard to make a decent bow, especially a crossbow. Give the guy a chance.

I always liked making bows, but remember the power comes from the wood, not the string, so don't use an elasticy string.