Here's the deal; a music store near me has old Kramer Bodies for 50 bucks, and old Kramer Necks for 25. Total value 75 (duh). I thought that that was a pretty good deal. The bodies were in different pickup configurations (and trems) and the necks all had locking nuts.

I was thinking of assembling a guitar out of these various pieces. However, I was curious on the other things I would need to buy:

- Pickups (probably EMGs cuz i'm going for an Arm the Homeless thing)
- Trem (Maybe an Ibanez Trem, or a licensed Floyd)
- Pots (maybe some dimarzio pots?)
- selector
- wiring for electronics.

I was curious about how much that would cost me. Any help would be appreciated.
Do you know what wood the bodies are? Do you know what kind of a tone you're going for?

Don't go with a Licensed floyd, go with an Origional Floyd Rose (OFR).

Don't go with DiMarzio pots either, they'll cost more than they ought to. If the bodies come with pots, those ones should be fine. Unless you do go with EMGs, then you will be supplied pots with your pickups.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
The bodies are Alder.

I want a good trem, and don't want to spend a ton of money on it. I'm using this guitar more or less for experimenting with the hopes of attaining a good guitar.

The bodies don't have any pots with them. It's the body and the color that they were painted.
The pickups could run you about $75-$80 (per pickup) depending where you get them from.

The Floyd Rose would cost you about $150-$200. The Ibanez would cost you a little less I bet.

If it doesnt come with tuners, those will cost you about $50.

The wiring won't come to more than $20, once again depending on what you get.

My guess would be somewhere around $300 for all the stuff you have listed. (Note: I got most of these prices from StewMac.com, but I'm sure if you really looked you could find it all for cheaper.)
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Thanks a lot, pyromaniac7234

Your more than welcome.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
guitarfetish.com itll probly be half that GFS pups and i think they have licensed floyds
Really? Tom Morello's Arm the Homeless is Alder. He used that for pretty much all of Rage's stuff (cept for a few songs).
Quote by Will_Minus
Don't go with a Licensed floyd, go with an Origional Floyd Rose (OFR).

...or a Schaller licensed Floyd Rose. They made the OFRs fr many years. The main difference is that a Schaller FR doesn't extend as far backwards, and the entire unit isn't hardened steel like an OFR. The knife edges are, though, and they're the only bits that actually need to be. I don't know what the tonal difference is between a fully hardened unit and one where it's only the knife edges, so I don't know what the downside is, but the advantage is that if you bugger it up for some reason, you can buy new knife edges for the Schaller, while you'd have to buy an entire new trem if it's an OFR.

Also, if you go for Ibanez, ask around at a proper Ibanez board where people are geeky about that stuff, because Ibanez have made some gorgeous ones and some bogus ones.
$25 for a neck with locking nut? damn...buy me one
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Naw, Punk_Ninja I've heard that too, about the EMG's and alder, but I find it to not be true. Actually I quite like it. Anyway, whoever suggested GFS pups, I'd say don't go with those because as much of a supporter I am of those, they really don't have any good pups for metal.