im new to this forum and just started playin the guitar a couple weeks ago and i have an acoustic but really want an electric guitar so whats a good starter electric guitar for a good price im tryn to stay with Fender, Gibson, or Ibaneze
gibson=nono for a starter

post this in electric guitar
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
epiphone or squier are great starters and similarly priced so it depends on your taste
GEAR
PRS Custom 24
Tanglewood ROCK III
Epiphone LP Custom
Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Ibanez GRG07LTD2
Marhsall AVT100
Originally posted by fender1618
i would rather have a guitar in place of my organs, OR CANDY
I started with my dads old Fender Squier Affinity, it really did help me play. Dont think too big and expensive when you start, you might regret it. So, yeah I do recommend Fenders.
aight then yeah cause thats what i really want to start out with is a Fender like a stratocaster or telecaster but just need some freaking money :[
Quote by FacingUsAll
For a starter electric guitar, I think the very best is a Behringer iAXE393 for the following reasons:

1) It's cheap. Only $120.

2) The 3 Single coils will help you develop your ear because of the different tones you can get from 5-way switching.

3) It's got a trem that you can learn goofy trem-crap on .

4) It plugs into your computer and runs off of amp modeling software so you don't have to waste money on a crappy amp that you'll want to get rid of later on.

Going by brand names is a bad, bad idea when buying guitars (especially beginner ones ).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yes but the behringer does have some tuning problems (the one i tried anyway, kept going out of tune)

and how much are you looking for a guitar and for an amp?
What is your budget? What currency? What music styles do you wish to play?
get a strat pack
just a starter pack with a 10w practice amp, lead, pick, hopefully strap and a cheap strat.
Strats are awesome beginner guitars, they teach u a lot. I still play a strat cos i love the feel, even tho i play heavy stuff. They are also very versatile.
Usually cost around US$200 or AUS$300, more or less.
Wisest is she who knows she does not know.
Squier 51
Ibanez RG321

And you'll need a good amp.
Micro Cube
Vox Ad15vt
either a Squier '51 or a Fender MIM Strat.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yep. Get a beginners pack.
I started with a Caliber stratocaster, with a 10 Watt amp for 140 euro's. Great to start with, and by now I've replaced it all.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to guitar playing as well. I did not want to make a new thread as this thread is somewhat similar to my situation. Unlike Weaverman, I haven't had any experience playing guitars. As I read through people's posts, I saw someone recommend a beginner's pack. I dug through some sites and I found this beginner's pack:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10047062&catid=11282&logon=&langid=EN

Can anyone tell me if this is good or not? I know its a cheap and you get what you pay for but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars and end up not being able to play it.

Also, I wanna play songs that range from System of a Down and Linkin Park to Blink 182 and Good Charlotte.

Thanks everyone for their help

Xero01
I'd say a Fender HSS Standard Strat because of its versatility. For an amp I'd recommend a Vox AD15VT (not just because I own one) or a Roland Cube depending on what music you play.
IM new here aswell but not so new to playin guitar. I've been playing an acoustic for around a year and I am looking to move up to an electric. My budget is around 650-750 AUD. I'm interested in playin everythin from Santana to Metallica so i need a guitar that covers all. Please help

Thanks
Squier 51 if you can find one - best value around for a starter guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A Fender Mexican Stratocaster is a pretty good beginner's guitar. They're moderately priced, have a decent resale value, and as guitars are fairly versatile in what you can play on them. I'd recommend a small Marshall combo, simply because I think Marshalls are the best amps on the planet.
Quote by xero01
I don't want to spend too much money on the guitar alone. Do you think this beginner's kit is good?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10047062&catid=11282&logon=&langid=EN

NOT THIS ^^

THIS
^hey can i buy just the guitar from that kit, that is, if it's any good or rather better than the similiarly priced Dean Evo/Vendetta XM.
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
The Dean will be better.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.