Hey all,

I'm looking at a nice cheapish all (or thereabouts) tube amp. Probably around £350 (very roughly $700). I've seen 3 main ones which seem good and they are:

Fender Blues Junior (15 watt,3 band eq, reverb, supposedly has muffled bluesy tone)
Fender Pro Junior (10 watt, no eq, tone knob)
Vox AC15-CC1 (3 band eq, reverb & tremolo, very British sounding)

I play classic rock and am looking for a nice clear and crisp tube sound that can be overdriven nicely. I play the Who, Led Zeppelin that kinda thing.

Which should I go for?

Anthing I should know before buying any of these like technical problems or tonal range?
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
not to get you even more confused, but i have a fender hot rod deluxe and i love it. its, i think, 40 watts. it was about $600 US.
ok great thanks ill look into the hot rod. but roughly how big/heavy is it? is it too loud for a bedroom?
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Vox for them sounds.

Try them all out though. I think the Blues Jr>Pro Jr though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I used to have a hot rod deluxe too (actually 2 of them). They are great for 70's rock. But if you want to play metal you'll need to run a distortion box too. They are very loud amps and will easily fill up a bedroom. They are loud enough to gig with too.
Quote by smb
If you're considering Vox, have you looked at the Laney AC15/AC30?

you mean vc?

yeah, I agree. the vc30 would do very nicely. Pretty british sounding, but the clean channel, with the bright switch engaged, can do a half-decent fender impression. good value too, the vc30 is £300 on gak. though the footswitch and postage would probably add another £25.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yep, seconded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?