Poll: How do you feel about Sgt Pepper?
Poll Options
View poll results: How do you feel about Sgt Pepper?
Overated
22 34%
Not Overated
42 66%
Voters: 64.
Page 1 of 2
Ok just about every damn greatest album list had Sgt Pepper as the best album ever. Why? It has like 3 good songs on it in my opinion. Yeah it was different and groundbreaking but lets be honest it doesnt rock and most of the songs are retarded. I like just about every other Beatle album more then Sgt Pepper. Let it Be, Abbey Road, and The White Album are miles ahead of it in my opinion. So the question is, Is Sgt Pepper overated?
It was the beatles best imo. The songs are more different which i like. Plus they took LSD so most of their songs were a little weird, also like. Its a great album.
Of course it's overrated.

But this thread will be closed very shortly :-/
I don't understand how you say songs in Sgt Peppers is retarded, when their self-titled album (or the White Album, as you people call it) has much much more weirder songs. It's the Beatles, and it was the best of them.
Sent from my iPad.
Come on, man, it's got A Day in the Life. Even if the rest of the album was made up of showtunes, it would still own.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I don't really enjoy it as much as say, "The White Album" or "Abbey Road", but it was certainly a huge leap for music recording and I respect that.
Quote by paintITblack39
I don't understand how you say songs in Sgt Peppers is retarded, when their self-titled album (or the White Album, as you people call it) has much much more weirder songs. It's the Beatles, and it was the best of them.

So your telling me Songs like With A Little Help from My Friends., When Im 64, Benefit for My Kite, and Lucy in the Sky is better then While MY guitar, Back in the Ussr, Happiness is a Warm Gun, and Helter Skelter
without sgt peppers there would have been no dark side of the moon or pet sounds...nuf said.
Originally posted by mydadisjewish
people have different tastes. for example, i like good music, u like your dad's testicles.
Quote by tomisamonkeyman
So your telling me Songs like With A Little Help from My Friends., When Im 64, Benefit for My Kite, and Lucy in the Sky is better then While MY guitar, Back in the Ussr, Happiness is a Warm Gun, and Helter Skelter

With a Little Help From My Friends and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds are effing great, miles above than While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Back in the USSR and on the same level as Happiness is a Warm Gun and Helter Skelter, IMO. The other two are great, too, if you're open to them.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
Quote by oriolesazb
without sgt peppers there would have been no dark side of the moon or pet sounds...nuf said.

By the way Pet Sounds sucks ass, I hate that album.
It sounds like you're a very ignorant listener. You're obviously trying to listen to the Beatles as if they were a straight rock and roll band, which they aren't. You need to either learn to appreciate music that isn't guitar driven, or stop talking about it as if it was.
Listen to mah discs.

Vote for me in the
Not overated at all. It's just that good. Every song is perfect in it's own way. It has a bit of everything, and the orchestra in A Day In The Life gives me shivers everytime.
Quote by VoodooChild15
It sounds like you're a very ignorant listener. You're obviously trying to listen to the Beatles as if they were a straight rock and roll band, which they aren't. You need to either learn to appreciate music that isn't guitar driven, or stop talking about it.

Trust me if I listened to music just for guitar i wouldnt listen to the Beatles, John and George arent the greatest guitar players.
I didn't even realize for awhile there. I am actually wearing my Sgt. Peppers shirt right now.
How is that funny? im serious, no one in the history of music deserves as much credit as they got, and still get, its music, get over it.
Quote by oriolesazb

pet sounds was before sgt. pepper's
I think it is one of the greatest records of all time. The Beatles at their peak. I do feel that there are better records, even better Beatles records for that matter. But none had the effect on music and the pure sonic mastery that Sgt.Pepper does.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
i used to feel that way until I really got iunto them and listened to them and only them for a few months then grew out of it.

i still have a huge place in my heart for them, and realized they are esteemed highly for a reason.
I don't like the idea of referring to music as being overrated or underrated.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Though I don't believe that Sgt Pepper's is overrated (it's a damn good album), Revolver for me is soooooooooo much better. If only Revolver had "A Day in the Life" on it, then it would be just perfect.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
It's overrated. Just because it was the Beatles.. Doesn't mean its good. It is good though.. But not that good..
^_^
It was back when it was released.

I read somewhere that it helped convince people that rock n' roll wasn't just for troubled adolescents or something like that
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Quote by psychodelia

I know what you mean, but I feel that, relative to their other albums and other "great" albums, I don't believe Sgt. Pepper's ranks quite as high.

It is a great album, no doubt, but I never understood why it was so highly regarded.
^ I guess it's one of those situations where you just have to be there at it's release date. Where you just have to feel it.
Quote by tomisamonkeyman

Obviously, you do not know that album
If anything, "The Beatles" has the weirdest songs ever to be recorded. Here are some examples:
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Wild Honey Pie
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Piggies
Rocky Raccoon
Why Don't We Do it in the Road?
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for me and my Monkey
Revolution 9

There's plenty of weird songs. You obviously don't like the Beatles.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by psychodelia

Seconded.
It's got some amazing songs.

But like most Beatles records theres the couple not so good songs. (usually Paul's doing)
Of course its overrated, Revolver FTW!

Let It Be, White Album, and Revolver are my favs.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
^ Don't die, just go live in a hole with all of the Beatles discography playing 24/7. If you still hate it after that THEN go die.

Quote by Kartman

^ Yeah. I'm glad that they grew up though, because Rubber Soul was a great precursor.

Quote by Kartman

No not overated. sgt pepper is a landmark recording and deserves to be there. the question of is it overrated could be asked for all the albums in the top 10 of rolling stones list. many people would argue that pet sounds is not the second best album of all time. some people would say exile on main street dosn't match up to sticky fingers.
Bishop of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
^ Rolling Stones list is so hippocritical. They gave all post-Dark Side Pink Floyd releases shit and yet they put them up so high on that list.

Quote by Kartman

Page 1 of 2