i know there are loads of different ways of doing a pick slide whats your favourite?

some people i know just do the bar E,A,D strings and slide down.

whats your favourite?
i turn the pick on its side tilting the bottom slightly towards the neck and drag it across the E and A strings
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Same as tommy. *waits for some to say they use their penis*
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
I usually start with only the D and move the the pick up to the thicker strings so that by the end it is scraping only the E and a bit of the A. Sorry if that was confusing.

Btw Tommy. I'll be able to join you in all of your BKP owning glory in about 18 weeks when my custom is finished being built. The guy who's making my guitar already received it from Tim.
I use my pen is it okay to?

I suck at pick sliding...but on my tube amp, it sounds massive.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I do a lot of pick slides and scratches so my suggestion is when you've got your distortion/overdrive on sometime, just play around with it and get to know the tones that each string makes, and how it changed if you have something fretted or where on the string you are scratching. Youre average tasteful pickslide just thrown in there is gonna be like the ones described above, but you can get some crazy noises from the higher strings or just going back and forth near the nut or bridge, you can create entire solos just pick sliding witha wah or phaser or something. Anyway I'm rambling, play around with it and get creative.
I just slide down the neck on the A and E strings. I'll start over the pickups, or at some point on the neck depends what sound I want, also speed changes the sound. It's fun to get certain sounds out, going back and forth on the strings can sound good. Trying to re-create the pickslide sounds int he beginning of "Nihilism" is a good exercise I think.
Depends what song, style ect. Sometimes I do what I call a knuckle slide, and I slide with my right knuckle of my middle finger up the neck on the E string...sounds cool with distortion and chorus.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
i use my penis too
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
I use my friend's penis and my put together.

Make sure you turn the gain up, sounds more thrashier.
My picks are half the original size..well too much pick slide isn't too good.