Hey shred-forumers

I want to try and learn to solo all across the neck, not jusst in one position. Anyone know any awesome solos that I could practice this on?

Thanks
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Alot of stuff. Almost anything except for Zakk Wylde. Learn the notes on the fretboard if you haven't already done so, then memorize the scales/modes you want to utilize. Then practice improvising up and down the neck.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
practically anything by gilbert, vai or petrucci.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
I wouldnt say that one song could help with this. Most of the solos you'll learn will help with putting all the shapes and licks together fluidly. The thing is you have to know the shapes across the neck to have the solo make sense to you. So my advice is just to learn a shape, learn the shape below or above it, and keep stacking the shapes till you come back to the one you started with (in an octave above or below). So once you have that down the solos will show you how to fluidly move through these areas tastefully and melodically. Atleast thats the way I did it, try it out and see how it goes. Also post a video of you improvising in the audio/video thread to see where you are at with soloing. I'm sure some of the guys can help you out.
learn the hopscotch method....... it's on the lesson page somewhere in UG.....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
learn your favorite scale in a bunch of different positions
Quote by bearded_monkey
Everytime I go into the guitar shop and ask for a G-String the shopkeeper always makes that TERRIBLE joke about it not being an underwear shop

So next time I go in I'm gonna ask for a thong
learn ur scales and arpeggios then connect them then i would say learn some string skipping, it helps playin wider intervals rather than sticking to the same scaler runs that everyone uses to achive speed.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I agree it sounds like you should just learn your scales in every position then noodle and things will happen... But first learn them
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
learn some Yngwie licks, like the ascending intro lick on Arpeggios from Hell.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Or try Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold.

I know I'll get flamed for saying that but It's all over the neck. even though its got a big gap.

17 / 1

O_O LOL
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
If you really want to solo all over the neck, you have to use your octaves, and arpeggios.
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
learn the modes, i did, and it helped a lot. another harder way would be to learn the notes of the fretboard well enough that you can play in whatever key signature you want, that would be harder though.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Quote by PooKoo
Stop advertising yourself.

huh?
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by PooKoo
Stop advertising yourself.

Dude, don't be such a jerk. that's just my favorite guitarist for the moment. I've already been warned via email about it and it's pretty damn lame I might add.
BOOM!
Quote by bucky_2300
1. Learn all the modes of G major.
2. Connect them in your mind.
3. ???
4. Profit!

south park ftw!
Well it's simple: http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html
Then you search the scale you want to know, and you learn it. Then you start using it and after a few years you know the most common scales. No use of copying solo's.
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"