Well, I just ordered my first 12-string guitar. It's an acoustic epiphone. Could someone please help me out by telling me how each string is tuned? I know the first set is the same as a regular guitar. But I'd like to know what each paired string is tuned to.

E-
A-
D-
G-
B-
E-

Thank You,
massam
The ones I've played have had both strings tuned the same.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
Hmmmm, that's wierd, when I played the ones at guitar center, they top ones were like an octave apart so I know it's not the same, I think i mainly don't understand the treble string tuning.
generally, the second set of strings are tuned to the same note, one octave higher than the first set
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_string_guitar

read that. Apparently the bass strings are tuned and octave apart and the treble string are tuned the same.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
*throws onto pile of other threads like this that were started by people who can't use the search button *
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Ee Aa Dd Gg bb ee
first strings all tuned same as normal guitar, then for the 4 bass strings the next string is an octave higher, then for the top 2 strings, its the same note.
12 strings sound amazing, when i first got mine i sat down in a happy daze strumming an open E for about half an hour drooling lool :P
Quote by marmite
Ee Aa Dd Gg bb ee
first strings all tuned same as normal guitar, then for the 4 bass strings the next string is an octave higher, then for the top 2 strings, its the same note.
12 strings sound amazing, when i first got mine i sat down in a happy daze strumming an open E for about half an hour drooling lool :P

+1

im suprised it took that many posts to get a right answer.

i own a 12, and it kicks ass, but im getting rid of it since i dont use it anymore, and i need a car.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
i know this throws it all out but treble strings can be tuned in unison which isnt nessecarly the same note, can be tuned 2 a few things, like a 4th away from th original, thats stil considered unison perfect unison, find out about diatonic intervals and unison

hope that helps
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2