I went into my local pawn shop today and found quite a gem: an Epiphone Noel Gallagher Supernova w/ Union Jack paint job. The owner (who is a pretty good supporter of my band) said that he would knock the price down from $400 to $350 if I wanted to buy the guitar. I told him I would seriously consider it (ie ask you guys) and come back on Friday (tomorrow) afternoon.

First of all, the price is basically a steal. Second, it played like a dream and sounded unbelievable. My only quarrel is that I just bought an Orange Rocker 30 head and an Orange 2*12 cabinet, along with a Gibson SG Standard and an EHX Holy Grail. So, besides spending almost $3k 2 weeks ago, I would love to buy the Epi. Okay, so I do have another quarrel: I need to finish my pedal board (which would run about $250-$300). If I do decide to buy, it's not like the guitar would sit unplayed; I play all my guitars regularly and made about $12,700 last year (2006) from gigs and events.

Well there you go, guys. Help me decide if I should buy this. Anyone with more first hand experience is more than welcome to contribute about the guitar/ reliability. I have a terrible case of GAS atm.....
If you think you'll play it man then yeah go for it
but you do have an ES-335 already?
so is it moreof the fact its a unique guitar thats controlling your opinion?

if the pedal boards only about $300 dollars id say imo take the guitar
the pedal board can be finished later
but if your dependent on the effects thatmakes it a harder choice
hrm
I'd say go for the guitar... You can always build a pedal board or something else. This may even be a once in a lifetime sort of deal. When do you think the next time you'll be able to get a Noel Gallagher Epi for $350? Go for it IMO.
I'd say go for the guitar.

P.S., do you play any Cream covers in your songs? You seem to be a fan of Clapton and Cream, good taste!
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Judging from the gear you have, there is no reason to. The ES-335 will probably play and sound better, and a pedalboard is more important than another guitar, you probably will only have 1 or two pedalboards, but may have 10 guitars.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by karateguy29
I'd say go for the guitar.

P.S., do you play any Cream covers in your songs? You seem to be a fan of Clapton and Cream, good taste!

Yeah, we cover "Blue Condition" nightly and have been known to jam to "Steppin' Out" or "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad" at practices. Cream is also the reason that we decided to keep our band as a trio.

To the guy that said I'm loaded: while I won't be manning the drive through at McDonalds any time soon, I'm by no means "loaded". I've had to work for my gear. I played my first gig with a MIM Strat and my dad's HotRod Deville -- kinda far from what I use now.
Quote by colin617
Yeah, we cover "Blue Condition" nightly and have been known to jam to "Steppin' Out" or "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad" at practices. Cream is also the reason that we decided to keep our band as a trio.

To the guy that said I'm loaded: while I won't be manning the drive through at McDonalds any time soon, I'm by no means "loaded". I've had to work for my gear. I played my first gig with a MIM Strat and my dad's HotRod Deville -- kinda far from what I use now.

Haha, I didn't mean that you didn't work for them! I work for my gear too... but you seem to have the top line of a lotta things! Sorry for the misunderstanding (if there was one.)