Ok, so, I'm about to stop everything I am currently during and try to learn Blitzkrieg, by the one and only Malmsteen (only the main parts, not the solo at the end) . I want any and all tips you can give me.

I've been playing 7th months, can sweep pick fairly well, and am good at economy picking.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Last edited by spartan 118 at Mar 22, 2007,
and by fairly well, i mean sixteenth notes at 140 (lol). anyway, if you guys dont think its a good idea, can you suggest an easier shred song? (something by vai in particular)
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Do you know any theory?
If no, learn all you can...

Also: Can you read music? If no, again, learn all you can...

Its really more important to learn the basics now, then try to overwhelm yourself and never have a solid core... I have a friend like you, who, after playing for like 3 months, started learning his favorite "shred" songs, every Metallica, Dragonforce, and Malmsteen tune you can name, he tryed, but since he never really learned the basics, he always sounded like shit, and even now, he doesn't sound to hot.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
ok, ill learn theory then. do you know a good place to start? i mean, ive never had a lesson and probably couldnt afford them...
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

you dont have to stop learning songs to learn theory. Just read articles, maybe pick up a few theory books, but keep on challenging yourself with new songs.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack