So my bassist recently chose this bad boy to record our band with. It's so far sounded good, and everything comes out fine. So far, my tone has always been clean. Last week, though, we tried to record a somewhat heavier distorted song, and the guitar sounded like CRAP. It went from a nice, thick, crunchy tone, to a thin, narsty buzz. I've been recording through the line out of my AD30VT. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just a crap product?

Hey Cokeisbetter (finally someone who knows what they are doing from GG&A), well have you always been recording out of the line out of your Vox, or did you just begin doing so? That might be the problem, as I have never heard a great sound from any direct recordings, and I have been doing this for a while. Buy an SM57 and mic the amp up (make sure to move the mic around till you get the right sound) and that will sound MUCH better.

Also, if you are layering guitar tracks, you will want to reduce the gain on your amp, as when tracks are stacked with too much gain they quickly turn to mush.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the recorder. Though, I have never owned one myself it is a solid unit, and def. should not be the cause of your problems. Let me know if you have any other questions.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

the recorder is quaility, i can assure that. ever play you guitar and walk to different parts of the room? The sound quality changes because the way your ear picks up the soundwaves. The sound that is sent from the line out and from what you hear coming out of your speakers is way different, especially when using distortion. If you wanna capture your amps overdrive you will need to get some good equipment but at the very least a decent(sm57) mic and plug it in to the mixer.
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
Alright. I'm kinda GASing for a fuzz, but I'll see if I can pick up a halfway decent mic.

EDIT: I forgot, I have always been using the line out. We don't really have another option right now.
Yeah I guess you will have to keep plugging into the tv to get that fuzz sound for now, because an SM57 will dramatically improve your sound.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.