Will I need special wiring for this or this? Ive heard emgs need special wiring to a different selector switch, but Ive seen some guitars that have active and passive humbuckers combined. However, it says "This HZ pickup has EMG's exclusive 5-wire Quik-Connect output allowing any number of wiring combinations" so, will it still need different wiring?

Also, anyone know which one is better to get?
My setup specs:

Guitars: Fender 50's stratocaster
Old jr accoustic crap guitar.

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Effects: Dunlop gcb-95 wah
Boss dd-6 delay
those are passive, so you wont have the problems you would have with the actives.

i dont know how good the single coil HZ's are, but if they are like their buckers, i would stay away.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
those are passive, so you wont have the problems you would have with the actives.

i dont know how good the single coil HZ's are, but if they are like their buckers, i would stay away.

Oh, darn, no actives? Maybe Ill get a hot rails humbucker then or something. Thanks for the help.
My setup specs:

Amp: Roland cube 20x (Going to probably be traded in for a blues jr soon though.)

Boss dd-6 delay
Well EMG have active pickups aswell, but they need extra wiring for a battery (9volt).

Check out EMG 81,85,60. those being the common ones.
Regular EMGs are also active, and NEED a battery. Passive pickups don't need a battery.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by CraigKing
Well EMG have active pickups aswell, but they need extra wiring for a battery (9volt).

Check out EMG 81,85,60. those being the common ones.

I would, but I have a stratocaster so the only way the would happen is if I do some routing.

Also, I want active pickups unless there are non active ones that sound somewhat similar.(I want a deep sound like them.)
My setup specs:

Boss dd-6 delay
You wouldn't need extra routing. You can fit a battery in the control cavity or in the trem cavity.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by Will_Minus
You wouldn't need extra routing. You can fit a battery in the control cavity or in the trem cavity.

No, I mean to install a full sized humbucker in my stratocaster, it only has 3 single coils...
My setup specs:

Boss dd-6 delay
^look under the pickguard, alot of strats are already routed for a HSH configuration

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
^look under the pickguard, alot of strats are already routed for a HSH configuration

Ive heard that, mines the 50's version so I dont know if it will. If it does then all I need is a different pickguard.(unless I just cut a hole in mine and add 2 screwholes, since its a single ply one compared to other pickguards.)

Anyways, can I just unscrew my pickguard and take it off Or do I have to remove the strings first?
My setup specs:

Boss dd-6 delay
i would loosen the strings and pull the pickguard up and check, wont take much to check the bridge part

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by tubadude
i would loosen the strings and pull the pickguard up and check, wont take much to check the bridge part

Okay, maybe I can try that tommorrow. If I can fit a humbucker in it then thats great, still need to decide what pickups though from then on.
My setup specs:

Boss dd-6 delay
Quote by 50's strat
Ive heard that, mines the 50's version so I dont know if it will. If it does then all I need is a different pickguard.(unless I just cut a hole in mine and add 2 screwholes, since its a single ply one compared to other pickguards.)

Anyways, can I just unscrew my pickguard and take it off Or do I have to remove the strings first?

You can take the pickguard off without removing the strings, you just have to wiggle it out, and maybe press the trem bar down to give the strings more slack.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

I say leave the 50's strat and buy a MIM strat. This mod would shave value of this vintageinstrument.
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by bassburton
I say leave the 50's strat and buy a MIM strat. This mod would shave value of this vintageinstrument.

Mine is already a mim, mine isnt that old either. There is no point in having a guitar and getting a similar one and leaving the other one to rot. Also, some of it could be the amp, it sounds alot better on my teachers fender amp, still is missing a humbucker though.
My setup specs:

Boss dd-6 delay