After several years of being overweight, low energy, and overly tired and stressed out I've decided to make serveral serious changes to my lifestyle over the next spring-and-a-summer. I've decided to work out more, spend less time inside and mote time outside handing out with friends, playing, etc.

But the biggest desision I've made is to become a Lacto-Ovo Vegitarian. I will still eat milk and eggs but my diet will not contain any meat, other then ocasional seafood and very rare red meat and poltry on special ocasions (Easter and chrsitmas ham, Thanksgiving turkey, etc). As some one whos family has always been a "Kitchen Family", in the since that we all love to cook and love to eat, I've always liked meat. It was usualy my favorite part of the meal. But as of recent health issues I feel that I need to cut down on fatty substances (like meat and desert) nad strive for better health.

I Will be updating this thread with my progress every few days.

Peace
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
good luck!
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
I don't think meat is such a big concern if you're going to loose weight unless you prepare it poorly (like frying it in motor oil or something weirder). Meat has proteins and other fun stuff.

But otherwise it seems like a great decision to make! Good luck mate, I hope you succeed!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sounds like you'll be successful, seeing as how you recognize that its a life style change and not just about losing weight, per say.
We're only strays.
that sounds awesome!
eat lots of veggies
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Cutting meat out of your diet isn't the best way to lose weight. Meat and fibre is all part of a balanced diet. You're not overweight because you eat meat, you're overweight because you don't have a balanced diet. If you think that cutting meat out is gonna radically change your life then think again.

Work out, cut out on snacks, eat less (this one is very important), and generally eat a heathy diet, meaning salads, veg and cut down on deserts and sweets.

Good luck to you though
Good luck man. I hope it goes well.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Tom Martin
Cutting meat out of your diet isn't the best way to lose weight. Meat and fibre is all part of a balanced diet. You're not overweight because you eat meat, you're overweight because you don't have a balanced diet. If you think that cutting meat out is gonna radically change your life then think again.

Work out, cut out on snacks, eat less (this one is very important), and generally eat a heathy diet, meaning salads, veg and cut down on deserts and sweets.

Good luck to you though

The cutting of meat out of my diet is not strictly for losing weight. While losing weight is part of my desires in this project, it is not the only reason, nor the only thing I'm doing in this.

I'm going to increas my intake of fibre rich foods, foods rich in antioxidents, nuteriants, etc.

I don't expect the removal of meat to radically change my life, but I expect it to be part of several things I'm doing to radically change my life.

I gave up all meat about a month ago, I realised that besides the health consequences of eating meat (and there are many), the moral implications were just too large for me to consider myself both a good person and a pacifist and still eat meat.

I highly recommend that the TS, and anyone considering vegetarianism should read this book (it's free and pretty short)

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/lifecherish.pdf

TS, make sure to get plenty of eggs, cheese, nuts and other sources of protein (complete ones, like rice and beans, or rice and peas) and take a multi-vitamin just to be safe.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Good luck, sounds like a plan. Would it be mean in a few days to start posting pics of cakes and ice cream?

Jp dude, good on ya for doing that.
Good luck, you'll have to take something to keep your iron levels up though, perhaps suppliments. I had to stop being vegetarian after becoming anemic, wouldn't help your health plans if that happened to you.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Good luck, you'll have to take something to keep your iron levels up though, perhaps suppliments. I had to stop being vegetarian after becoming anemic, wouldn't help your health plans if that happened to you.

I should probally been taking suplements starting about three years ago, when my grandparetns moved to town and I started eating school food more and my parents stoped cooking so much.

...So you're becoming a vegetarian who will still eat meat anyway?
Good for you I guess, though I don't imagine it'll really have an impact on your health unless you do a lot of hard work with it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
...So you're becoming a vegetarian who will still eat meat anyway?
Good for you I guess, though I don't imagine it'll really have an impact on your health unless you do a lot of hard work with it.

As a special occasion food, yes. Things like the homemade sprial ham that my family only makes at thanksgiving, yes I will eat. But as a general, dayto day part of my diet, no it will not. I will, how ever be eating one piece of samon a week, as that is sopossidly good for you and helps prevent alzthimes, which runs in my family.

I reccomend lots of jogging. Start off slow of course, but once you can jog 2.5 miles straight, you've pretty much made it. And avoid boredom/ television.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins