Has anybody seen Owen live. Mike Kinsella might be one of the most talented people I have seen. His playing style, voice, lyrics, and then throws them together and somehow pulls it off. Then he is funny too. Part of the show is just him talking to people in the audience and messing with them.
What the hell is wrong with Bobby Hill
I was planning on seeing him April 2nd but it doesn't look like that's going to pan out...
no, its Mike, believe me, I am a obsessive fan. Tim is the crazy one with the erratic voice
Live in Chicago is a good Joan of Arc cd. Everything else just gets way to out there for me. Even Live in Chicago has its odd points. Oh yeah, it is not a live album either.
^^ If you want to listen to a Tim CD, the one he's put out this year is amazingly good.
For Joan of Arc though, I really like the two most recent discs (one a compilation) and 'A portable model of...', but lots of people seem to really love 'The gap'.

As for Mike, yeah, he's alright live. The problem was that he came over when I was slowly getting bored of his stuff. Every album he's released under Owen has been very samey, and with him releasing yet another one this year, it's all just become too much over the years.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Yes, everything he releases is the same, I agree. But I probably listen to something by him practically everyday, and have for over a year and a half now. I can say with all the confidence in the world, that this is my favorite music.

Who's Afraid of Elizabeth Taylor is a awesome song by Tim
I Mike. He's such a chill guy. Tim on the other hand...well he's a douchebag, but as much as I dislike him, I can't help but like his music.
Was it Owen who did that godawful cover of U2-One on the A/I radio thing ages back? Still got that somewhere I'll have to dig it out...if it was, I never bothered to listen to any of the other stuff based solely on how ropey that cover was.
^ Yeah, that was him, but to be fair that is one of his least impressive tracks. I just liked it for some reason

Tim's not a douchebag, leave him alone, just because he doesn't like Say Anything...

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Lets not forget about their crazy cousin. He was playing a show when he took either his underwear off and rang the sweat out on the front row. He got thrown in prison for that. I believe it was a christian venue as well
Quote by andrewbiles
^ Yeah, that was him, but to be fair that is one of his least impressive tracks. I just liked it for some reason

Tim's not a douchebag, leave him alone, just because he doesn't like Say Anything...

It wasn't really a personal shot at Say Anything. He thrashed the whole scene. The kids are making music they like (even if it sucks), I just think it was a douche move...
aww poor wittle scene bands got angwy cuz mean old tim kinsella said they should break up. i thought the whole "controversy" over that was really hilarious.

owen's great, i'm just getting into joan of arc, i've listened to maybe half of the albums. so far, my favorite is so much staying alive and lovelessness.
There are rumours at the moment that Mr Kinsella and Mr Nanna will be returning to the good ol' Great Britain in June for a repeat of the mini tour they did a couple of years ago. Trying to get a confirmation from Bob at the moment. Can't say I have my hopes up too high at the moment though, Mike didn't sound too happy with the place last time and actually said that he probably wouldn't come back.

If it's true though I'm going to annoy the crap out of them trying to convince them to convince Mr Barnett to start up again and come over with them.

RateYourMusic
It's true!

Apparently it'll be June 9th - 13th.
Don't have venue info or anything yet, but wahoo.
Can't wait.
Going to have finished Uni forever about a week before that as well.

RateYourMusic
there's a leeds date confirmed i think

my friend is trying to convince 'sam (zurick)'. and yes, she is on first name terms with him.
^ Sam seems to be a very personable bloke from what I hear. Posts and replies to a lot of messages on myspace, emails and other stuff.

Sat. 9th - London @ Lark In The Park
Sun.10th - Leeds @ Brudenell Social Club
Mon.11th - TBA
Tue.12th - Birmingham @ TBA
Wed.13th - Brighton @ TBA

Also they're going to be in Germany (Munster) on the 23rd.

Can't figure out where everyone's managing to get this information from myself, but it's apparently fact.

EDIT: Ah, it's on polyvinyl and collective-zine forums. Now I know their secrets.

RateYourMusic
Quote by system
aww poor wittle scene bands got angwy cuz mean old tim kinsella said they should break up. i thought the whole "controversy" over that was really hilarious.

owen's great, i'm just getting into joan of arc, i've listened to maybe half of the albums. so far, my favorite is so much staying alive and lovelessness.

ya i like that album too, it's great exam cramming music. but it's also the only one of theirs i have so that might be it too.
Quote by andrewbiles
^ Sam seems to be a very personable bloke from what I hear. Posts and replies to a lot of messages on myspace, emails and other stuff.

Sat. 9th - London @ Lark In The Park
Sun.10th - Leeds @ Brudenell Social Club
Mon.11th - TBA
Tue.12th - Birmingham @ TBA
Wed.13th - Brighton @ TBA

Also they're going to be in Germany (Munster) on the 23rd.

Can't figure out where everyone's managing to get this information from myself, but it's apparently fact.

EDIT: Ah, it's on polyvinyl and collective-zine forums. Now I know their secrets.

That confirmed?

Kinsellas.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

The first two seem to be confirmed and I think the plan for them is to go to those places, but I'm not 100%. If you go to collective-zine.com or whatever it is, go on the forums and search for Owen it'll come up with a thread about it where the organiser seems to be sorting it out.

RateYourMusic
Will do, cheers ma dears.

I'm so addicted to Cap'n Jazz at the moment it's not even funny. Actually, pretty much anything Kinsella, Cap'n Jazz is my fave atm though.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?