Ok... I have this theory thing, and want to hear your opinion.

So, everyone has our own perception of ourselves, people around us, and things we see. As well, there is only so much that each one of us knows. For example, a tribe person living on a little island no one else has discovered/bothered with and has no knowladge of anything off the island, has no perception or idea of all the things we take forgranted, like packaged food, or even a gun. They only know whats on their island. So that person only knows little island, and water, to him the rest of the world/universe doesnt even exist.

Now each one of us has that, but on a smaller scale. Such as knowing theres a place called Antartica, but never seeing it or being there. Or the private side each person has, that nothing else in the world will ever know. We each make up our own reality. If thats the case, is it possible that each person makes up their own "universe" or small scale world, and each one intermingles together to create one giant one? Because each one of us knows a little something the next person doesnt, we create the all encompassing universe, which is acctually a mix of billions.

(Think of the idea that while you know this font im typing in is the colour black, but what looks black to you, to me, might look like your red, if you get what i mean)

Discuss.
So you're not suggesting a physical multiverse, but a psychological one.

I agree with the theory that nothing exists outside your own mind. I mean, if there is nobody to witness and interpret even a physical object, does that object really exist?

God I hope Meths doesn't find this thread.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
drugs are bad

i've heard that before though, at least the color idea that what you know is black is a different color to someone else. its a neat idea, but if it were true then wouldn't our universes clash? like how could we percieve certain things such as laws of nature the same?
No, i'm suggesting its a mix of both. I can take a piece of wood and create a physical thing, but you would have no concept of it, except that its wood (assuming you know what wood it :P). Until you acctually saw what i made with it, it wouldnt exist in "your" universe.
So psychological universes. I can see where you're coming from, though I'm not a fan of the idea nothing exists out of my own mind. For example, my mind thinks, I am my mind. I'm shaped by what's around me, events and people that I may not see, or places I may not go to, but they do exist, because they influence me. Meaning things don't need to simply be perceived by me to establish an existence in my Universe.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Weeell... The way I look at is that reality only really exists inside the mind of the observer, and every observer is biased in some way. Therefore everyone sees things differently and creates a different reality in their minds.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I have a similar theory, about multiple universes. I belive since there is an infinant ammount of space its only logical to think that with an infinanant ammount of space to fill there is a never ending ammount of possiblity, so theres a never ending ammount of me and you. For instances if I step backwards in this universe, a never ending ammount of universes will be created where I preform a different action. The possiblites are litterally limitless and endless.
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by Muphin
So you're not suggesting a physical multiverse, but a psychological one.

I agree with the theory that nothing exists outside your own mind. I mean, if there is nobody to witness and interpret even a physical object, does that object really exist?

God I hope Meths doesn't find this thread.

wow.... thats how I've always thought
Yeah, I've thought about that too, but came to the conclusion that none of that matters, if it is true. Even if we see/feel/intrepret etc. something COMPLETELY different from everyone else, they taught us to see certain things and call them that, if you get what I mean. Ex. If I felt happiness whe most people felt sad, it would be the same if I explained it to someone, because I learned it and... well,I'm not sure how o explain it well but mabye you get it.

EDIT: Even if nothing else is real it wouldn't matter to us because that's how we are intrepreting life. Also, kind of unrelated, but if the universe is infinitly huge, wouldn't we all be infitly small? Wouldn't that make us all the same size?
Last edited by millerman230 at Mar 22, 2007,
Why were on this subject actually I have a deilima that has baffled me for weeks now.

Ok, there is a snake. It is hollow, no organs, no anything inside of it just a body. Now If i take its tail and push it into its mouth and continue pressing will its tail not end up inside of, if not staring at, the inside of itself? Isnt that logically impossible?
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Why were on this subject actually I have a deilima that has baffled me for weeks now.

Ok, there is a snake. It is hollow, no organs, no anything inside of it just a body. Now If i take its tail and push it into its mouth and continue pressing will its tail not end up inside of, if not staring at, the inside of itself? Isnt that logically impossible?

You would see the shape of its head in its tail.
If this is so, how would our different realities be connected? How could one event happen in everyone's reality?
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
If this is so, how would our different realities be connected? How could one event happen in everyone's reality?

You are misunderstanding the point. We aren't actually in other universes, we just intrepret the same universe in different ways, that end up being equal.
Quote by millerman230
You are misunderstanding the point. We aren't actually in other universes, we just intrepret the same universe in different ways, that end up being equal.

Ohhh alright, I get it.
Peace.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Ohhh alright, I get it.

Yeah, it's pretty trippy and doesn't really matter, but is still fun to think about.
No one has said anything about my size thing.
I love thinking about this kind of stuff, it's absolutely mind boggling.

I have a theory I like to consider (although I don't believe it, it is pretty cool) that was inspired by Stephen King's the Dark Tower. I'll post it later, as I can't be arsed to post it how, it takes an impossibly long time to explain.
Quote by Guitarded01

(Think of the idea that while you know this font im typing in is the colour black, but what looks black to you, to me, might look like your red, if you get what i mean)

I've Wondered That Exact same thing For Years Now
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I would suggest you look up String Theory. Your theory is not unique its something that has been pondered a good deal. So yea check out some Quantum Mechanics and String Theory...Fun stuff.
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Quote by metalfan#3
I love thinking about this kind of stuff, it's absolutely mind boggling.

I have a theory I like to consider (although I don't believe it, it is pretty cool) that was inspired by Stephen King's the Dark Tower. I'll post it later, as I can't be arsed to post it how, it takes an impossibly long time to explain.

Yeah, the Dark tower series... that kept me up for many nights just... thinking... Then it made me want to punch a baby at the end.

And to the size thing, me and a midget are "infinitly small" but im less infinitly small than him
I agree that we all perceive things a little differently.

However, I don't care much for anthropic ideas. If the universe wouldn't exist if we weren't here to perceive it, that basically denies that there was a universe before life came into being.