I put a pair of d'addario 11s on last night and they played fine. I come home today and they are already rusty in some spots and all sticky. WTF? I always wash my hands before playing and have never had this happen before. Can someone tell me what happened or are these strings just crap?
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Umm wipe down your strings after playing especially if you sweat alot as salt is corrosive. Umm maybe use other strings i have allways felt it reasonable that GHS last longer as do EBs. i allways wipe my strings down with fast gret a GHS product after i play so they stay clean strings last much longer
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Thats the thing though, i always wipe em down after playing, do you think maybe i just had a bad batch?
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
Most likely a bad set. I play with D' Addarios exclusively for all my guitars. Never had that happen to me before. I don't even wipe my strings down (lazy sorry). My sets last months. I have a set on my tele that I haven't changed for 4 months which I hate doing but I don't play my tele much so she kinda got away from me. They still play nice but I am gonna change them for the new string feel. Maybe humidity or something not really sure what could have caused that with your strings.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by gregevans209
Thats the thing though, i always wipe em down after playing, do you think maybe i just had a bad batch?

I would assume so. Ive never had anything like that happen to me, and I use those all the time
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I've had that happen sometimes, and I always use D'Addarios. Every once in a while they seem to not last as long. I've found DR to last the longest, but I like D'Addarios over them... the DRs just felt and sounded weird to me.
Yeah, this happens to me too. Second day only, and some parts of the strings are already dark/blackened and kinda sticky
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Yeah I had that happen to me with some Dr's, I put them on, and I knew them to last a long time, but in one week, the were all rusty.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Where do you live?
There has been a major swing in humidity and temperature, that could have contributed to such.
^EBs dont last for me at all.

and sometimes it depends where the guitar store kept them. they might have been stored way too long, or in the wrong place.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lol, i dont know...ive had the same set of EB's on my guitar since december, and there's no rust, or black at all. they play mighty good.
sounds good. ive had the worst luck with EBs. had a couple break on me. and im not the type to break strings really.

i admit i prefer D'adds or DRs, but usually i just buy what's on sale, im usually stocking up cause ive got more than a few guitars.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yes, it probably is the humidity didn't really feel it til today. I'll still probably stick to DR's though, i only got d'addarios cause they were free with a friends guitar.
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15