Well, it's 12:50AM. I'm still awake, practicing a song for school tomorrow, cause I've got a practical exam . I'm performing a grade 5 peice, in the style of Metallica and it's got 8 bars of improv. Argh, my weakness. I've only been playing for 7 months, around 4+ hours every day. But I've been practicing for 5 hours non stop, and i think I'll do okay tomorrow . This means quite a lot to me, as I want to prove myself to everyone, and I really want to catch up with other bassists, cause I've started way later than them, and I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but I'm pretty chuffed that I'm actually better than some who've been playing at least a year more than me, and are older . I'm 15 BTW.

So please, wish me luck. I'll tell you what happened tomrrow. And i'm sorry if the post didn't make sense, it's late.

Chris
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
good luck man...i'm a guitarist and i suck pretty bad...only been playing like 1yr. 3mnths. and i'm still playing crappy triads (self taught so that's something i guess) and my friends all own my ass so i wish i was like you...
Pot always improve improvisation skills greatly.

Of course, it may make you so lazy that you'll just fall asleep by the third bar.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
lol we're in the same situation. I've been playing for about 7 months too, and during out band wars, i hope to prove myself. it's gonna be hard though. our school is like all emo and punk and here's a 80's metal guitar player. if you don't impress ur school, it's alrite cuz if u dun ur school must suck. who u wanna impress is the other bassists and urself most of all. >.< and I'm 15 too lol.
Thanks guys, this really means a lot to me, I'm off to school in a bit. Exciting stuff.

Oooh, and my shiny new Ibanez SR505 might be here when I get back
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Good luck dude - and I always find meditation really helps before I performance - I do it before every gig, calms the nerves.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
It was amazing, i got 27/30. And they clapped and stuff. Thanks for all the support , guys.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by Welsh Guitar
It was amazing, i got 27/30. And they clapped and stuff. Thanks for all the support , guys.

Major kudos, congrats!
congrats
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Nice! I'm not familiar with the whole "Level/Grade" thing, and I have no idea how they could grade you in the first place. I've heard different "levels" mentioned before, but what are they from? Is it some kind of music school or music class?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
It's a way of judging your level, It's not incredibly popular in the bass and guitar playing world, while almost all piano, flute... ect instruments, the grade system is popular, because it's a less "free" instrument. It goes from grade 1 to 8 on bass, and there's two levels, everything up to grade 4 is level 1 and everything upwards is level two. To be grade 4, you have to do every grade under it.

God I explained that poorly.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I recently started bass lessons around a month ago so I could start my grades etc. etc. I 'm starting out at grade 5. Was the piece you were doing called 'Sidewinder' by any chance?
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
good luck good to be practicin dont stay up too late otherwhise you wont be able to stay awake tomoz
Quote by Forcemaster
I recently started bass lessons around a month ago so I could start my grades etc. etc. I 'm starting out at grade 5. Was the piece you were doing called 'Sidewinder' by any chance?

Hahaha, yes it was. Grade 5 isn't half as difficult as I expected, although it's not incredibly simple. I chose it cause you only had to learn 2 scales for the improv .

What do you think of that book then? The funk song is pretty good, IMO. And Bust-Up is such a cheesy and fun song.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
^ wait is grade 5 easy? 'cos sum1 told me 'twas really hard. Also do u have to be able to read music? Also duz this mean were gonna see u on an episode of that "superhuman" show- "the boy with an ungodly talent for the bass"
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Mar 25, 2007,
Psh, you having your little grades and levels talk

Congratulations.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Ive been playing two and a half years and ive worked up from grade one (no time to do daily practice, so ive only got the experience of someone playing for a year) and im only starting grade five now. But i just opened the book and played one of the songs near faultlessly despite having never seen it before. So grade five is easy if youve practiced a lot.

Good Luck anyway!
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
^ he's already dun it
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."