So I'm thinking of upgrading from my Marshall MG30... I play in a band and it just dosen't cut it.

I'm looking to spend no more than $1000... I play a Epiphone LP Custom.. Play punk rock, alternative and metal... Use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (by the way should i buy a different dist. pedal?)

Help please
maybe a peavey Windsor half stack, or full stack, I'd strongly recommend trying one first though, they say it sounds like a clone of a JCM 800, which is pretty versatile in my opinion, it's all tube, and is pretty affordable. A ton of bands use JCM 800's or something that has a very similar tone, try one out.
i dont think you even need a half/full stack
get a nice combo
there are a ton of great tube combos available for $1000 (as long as its USD)

look into used jcm2000's or if youre lucky you could find a mesa (used of course)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you could do with replacing the Boss, yeah. for metal, maybe a EHX metal muff or Krank distortus maximus? you can get a DSL401 for $1000, btw, and a tubescreamer with that would probably do you.
ok the dsl401 looks good but i was looking specifically for a half stack...

EHX Metal Muff looks insane!

What does a tubescreamer do? Why would i get it?

Also, wah pedals. Whats good and whats not?
Quote by ERA
So I'm thinking of upgrading from my Marshall MG30... I play in a band and it just dosen't cut it.

I'm looking to spend no more than $1000... I play a Epiphone LP Custom.. Play punk rock, alternative and metal... Use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone (by the way should i buy a different dist. pedal?)

Help please

Dude, i feel you on the MGs....mine's okay for cleans, but mine (the 10 watt one) just has too much bass, which i can't adjust.

I'd try a Peavey Windsor half stuck, cuz they're cheap. and tube.

Or, try the Epi Valve Junior! JK, i doubt that would have enough power for a full band.

Or, get a good combo and a cab (whether it be 2x12 or 4x12). Maybe a Mesa if you can get one cheap. Or a fender, especially the Hot Rods. they're highly recommended.
Try a hot rod fender, great cleans and drive, especially with pedals, and they're loud as shit
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Yeah, I say def. check out the dsl 401 marshall tube amp.

Wah pedals - Really depends if you need it or not...I'm selling mine because...well, I just don't like it, but that just may be the one I have now. You can use it to change the frequency or pitch of your tone while playing, it's a cool thing to have around if you're into that kind of stuff.

tube screamers - well, they're OD pedals which push the tubes and can make the tone a bit more harsher while playing. It's an awesome thing to have when having a tube amp..maybe even essential.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
what about the Marshall AVT150HX Half stack?

Also with the wahs i was trying to get recomendations of which ones are good...
Dude, just don't get a stack. The AVT is such a rip off for what it really is.

Just get a combo and you'll be set.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah.. made your point...

still looking for wahs though...

can anyone help?
Check out the new Vox 847A's that are coming out.

True by-pass and they sound awesome.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
You make me sick for not buying it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah definitely try out a DSL401, either that or get a JCM900 Dual Reverb. Either should suite your styles well. Oh, and through the MT-2 in the trash - either that or sell it.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

yeah ive already got someone who wants to buy my mt-2... how much should i try and get for it?

where can i find clips of the vox 847A?
Peavey Valveking 112. About $400. US. Footswitch is separate (about $39.) If you want to get away from scratchy pots on the wah get a Morely.
Just playing, John.

But yeah, check out all of the jcm's.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
problem is... i live in the bahamas and only get to go to the states once a year.. so im kinda trying to get opinion so i have a good idea of what i want when i get to the store...