We need some fairly easy cover songs to play for a demo that we are making at a local recording studio in a couple of months, we are only gonna put one cover song on the cd but we need to make sure that its good. and we also need some to play at gigs that we are hoping to get soon, we already played one gig that went fairly well but we did lack cover songs, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
we play rock, just plain rock, no super heavy metal, we dont go into the death metal stuff
go with joker and the theif its souds good and you can change it up a bit to
I dont know. But if you do a cover a song, dont jsut copy the original or speed it up/use distortion. Do a cover by all means, but do something original with it.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
you could do a crossfade song, their not talked about too much.

stone sour
sr-71
sum 41 maby
Quote by flesh fries
"did it hurt?"
"did what hurt?"
"when satan piledrived you up from hell you bitch"

say that to a girl and BAM...immediate sex...or a smack

lmao
we were thinking about beatles, but it has to be something that everybody knows, cause most ppl around my area are into either the new rock, which is sometimes horrible, and rap, so it has to be a beatles song that everyone know really well. it needs to be a classic too at least for the gigs it does
Why are you so hooked on covers? It's more original and impressive if you do your own stuff.
Write some music. Don't do Smells Like Teen Spirit. PLEASE. If you're gonna do some Nirvana stuff, I suggest anything off their first album (Bleach)...OR do something off "In Utero"...maybe Scentless Apprentice or Serve the Servants. BUT PLEASE, NO SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT.
It's a process, not an event.
bc our set list in now set as follow

original
original acoustic song with just 2 guitars and vocals
SOME COVER THAT WE ARE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT
original
maybe cover, maybe original
then original to end it

but we need to figure out what the covers are going to be
take a bob dylan song or something with only one acoustic guitar and turn it into a full song with a bass, drums, everything. or take something well known and turn it into ska or something.
i need something that is no noticable and everyone can sing along too
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
im thinking about writing up a remix of Bouree by bach, and playing it with a little bit of distortion. would this be a good idea for an opening song?
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!
knockin on heavens door
stormy monday
magic bus

i said these ones cuz they are all easy to improvise and add your own twist to.....

Jack my swag
Come together. Areosmith style. Everybody knows that one and its easy to make it your own.
How about 'Don't Stop' by Fleetwood Mac? It's already been covered but it's still ace.

Fleetwood Mac's version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Av4Q5xh7_Y
or
http://www.radioblogclub.com/open/47951/fleetwood_mac/Fleetwood%20mac%20-%20Don%27t%20stop
Quote by wastingtime
chavs haha such a funny word, in my house we call them ferals

Member Number 6 Of The "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub

POLICE till I die!
what about something like a rolling stones song, the people that we usually play too like alternative music but they also like 60's 70's and a lot of 80's
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
If you're going to do Beatles, I really like Paperback Writer. It's got a cool opening riff and harmonized vocals sung in rounds.
do 'you aint seen nothing yet' by Bachman Turner Overdrive, everybody knows it even if they don't know the name, they know it when they hear it
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by redweek
we were thinking about beatles, but it has to be something that everybody knows, cause most ppl around my area are into either the new rock, which is sometimes horrible, and rap, so it has to be a beatles song that everyone know really well. it needs to be a classic too at least for the gigs it does

try Brown Sugar, everyone knows it, and its easy to play
Green Day!!

I'm kidding.

How about some AC/DC, or Guns N' Roses type stuff? Even if your town is into newer rock, they'll know those songs.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
My band does "A Day in the Life" by the Beatles and made it our own. Added some distortion some wha pedal during the climax of the song.
"Day Tripper" is also a good beatles tune. We play an acoustic version of this song.
"Summer Breeze" veriosn that rocks, Marz did a slow version a couple of years ago, so alot of people will recognize the song and could sing along. We have a great response form this song.
"Trampled Under Foot"Led Zepp- should get a great crowd response, most don't know the lyrics but know the hook. Good dance tune for the dancers in the crowd.
"Money" Pink Floyd - we beef this song up quite a bit and added some lyrics of our own, seems to be a good crowd pleaser.
"Dance the Night Away" Van Halen we get a lot of crowd singing from this one. Play it every set.
"Outta Love Again" Van Halen - we play this song ALOT. Usually end the 1st set with it.
"Jack and Diane" John Cougar - We do an acoustic version of this song.

These work pretty well for us. Hope this helps.
~ the early bird gets the worm, but its the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese...
try sergent pepper and play the french horn bit on guitars, and harmonise it like we did, it works
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Any one who's been in this forum the past month knows whats coming...

Play Ain't Comin Home by Silvetide.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb