Quote by maXterbat0r
It shouldn't, I'd be more worried about the accuracy of the tuning, personally.

well im talking like about mucking my tone at ALL.

my morley thats on its way is true bypass, and all the rest of my pedals have good buffers (i tested it) so i dont want my tone to change AT ALL.
Many people say they hear little tone change with the Korg tuners, Peterson Strobostomp, and the PlanetWaves Pedaltuner but I haven't heard much about the Fender.

I barely notice any tone change with the Boss TU-2 in my chain, maybe a slight change.
well i want NO change.

im not saying i want a tuner right now, its not really a necisity, im just wondering about this.

is there such thing of a true bypass tuner?
Quote by maXterbat0r
It shouldn't, I'd be more worried about the accuracy of the tuning, personally.

zelda rocks....go try water temple meddallion........oh yeah get a fender rack tuner

accuracy is decent but tuner wise i dont know if korg makes a

pedal tuner, but they have pretty good rack tuners i hear,they did invent the electric tuner so they are probably decent lol
My Gear:
Gibson Explorer - Burgandy Finish
Fender Showmaster Orange/blacksunburst
Vox AD Valve Amp
Digitech Hot Head Distortion Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
DR Black Beauty Strings
if it has a tuner out jack on the back, you're set, but otherwise, i'm not sure. go ahead and get the boss tu-2, it's not going to affect your tone enough to notice. besides, don't be such a tone freak, if it changes only slightly, it's not going to wreck your tone. aside from that most people couldn't appreciate a good tone if they heard it anyway.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
^yeah but if i can hear it then whats the point? i dont have the money (in fact i just ordered a morley wah) i was just asking a question. but it looks as though im just gonna go with the tu-2.
Actually, some pedals can take a lot of high end off your tone even when off.
Put it along with an A/B/Y Box, along with the wah and everything else belongs to.
All of them do except for the Korg DT-10 (not true bypass, but completely transparent buffer), the Peterson Strobostomp (true bypass), and possibly the Planet Waves one (unconfirmed).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by Invictious
Actually, some pedals can take a lot of high end off your tone even when off.
Put it along with an A/B/Y Box, along with the wah and everything else belongs to.

my wah is true bypass

^thanks xifr!
^ hey dude, can you do me a favour and weigh ur ds-1 or something, and tell me how much it approximately weighs??? thanks! i might be getting mine from USA (alot cheaper), so i need to ship it, and need to know the weigh.
Quote by zwound
^ hey dude, can you do me a favour and weigh ur ds-1 or something, and tell me how much it approximately weighs??? thanks! i might be getting mine from USA (alot cheaper), so i need to ship it, and need to know the weigh.

about .2 of a pound w/o the battery.

ps. im in the us, lol.
^ .2 of a pound? half a pound? or 0.2 pounds? (sorry, i usually dont work with pounds )

thanks for the input!
Last edited by zwound at Mar 23, 2007,
That would be 1/5 of a pound if he knows what he means, but he may be confused.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
if you really care that much put your tuner in a tb loop or on one side of an a/b switcher. i reccomend the a/b switcher because you get the benefit of silent tuning.
carvin sc90
seagull s6

microcube
rivera m60
pod xtl
A tuner simply wont make any significant difference to your sound. The even tiny change it might make is not going to noticeably change things for any realistic reason. In other words, if you're playing live, generally the sound quality isn't good enough that the slight difference would ever be heard, and if you're playing at home, even were you able to notice it, would it matter when you're just playing by yourself? Should you decide to record and you are that worried about it, simply take it out of your effects loop once you're tuned before each recording.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
i'm using the fender pedal tuner, It seems good, I cannot tell the difference between that and my korg pc setup.... I did notice noise with the boss tuner pedal, when you play through it you get whitenoise very faintly in the background, I think the power supply part of the pedal isnt the greatest thing and it most likely effects the entire unit.