yea i have a triple rectifier and just blew one of my tubes anybody know if i should just replace the one or the whole set because the tubes are about 4 years old and where can i buy these tubes at?
It's probably time to replace the power tubes. Preamp tubes tend to last longer.
power tubes usually need to be matched.

tubedepot.com is where i usually get my tubes.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
what type of tube did you blow (preamp, power amp, rectifier)? It's prolly time to replace all of them, 4 years is long if you use it often...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
those are power tubes, need to be matched.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Yeah, at minimum you have to have all of the 6L6s replaced, make sure you order them as a matched set (4 probably for you amp??...not sure). They'll need to be rebiased by an amp tech. I recommend also doing preamp tubes while you're at it, if you play often, they're prolly going to need it. Those are cheap ($10/per) and are about 10 seconds to swap out, no biasing needed. Rectifiers are prolly ok...
Quote by kcdakrt

Quote by Mylifeforyours
yea its about 6 6l6's

Sheeeeeeeeooooooot.

Loud much....?

I usually get my stuff from www.tubedepot.com. In the order commentary, tell them you need a matched sextet. Prolly want to think about replacing the preamp tubes too, they don't just go "pop", just start sounding like crap. Your amp will prolly sound a lot more alive if you replace them.
Quote by kcdakrt