im getting a new amp soon i dont know wether to decide on a line 6 or marshall amp

so could any one help me out
Justice is Done
\\m//
R.I.P.
Cliff Burton
...And Justice For All
If it's Mg vs Spider 3 then you're stuck between a crap sounding rock and a crap sounding hard place....if it's JCM 900 vs Vetta then that's a whole different kettle of fish.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i honestly think the spider is way better than the MG, i mean it isnt great by any means, but it isnt that bad.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
vetta owns everything if thats what youre looking at.

the flextone series is pretty good too, but its not a tube amp and you wont get that nice of a sound
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall marshall
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
any NON MG NON Valvestate (except for the first valvestate) marshall is better than any line 6
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Basically, if you are going to get a Line 6 get a Vetta, if you are getting a Marshall make sure it's not an MG or AVT. But the best way to know what you want is to go to a music store and try out a bunch of different amps. You may decide to get something totally different.
*cough*RolandCube30*end cough*
haha. he hasnt even told us what hes looking at and theres like 8 posts...
Quote by Shinigami1337

*cough*RolandCube30*end cough*

X1000000

Yes, beginners should start with that and NOT MG's or Line6's. MG's and Line 6's (non-vetta ones) will make your ears used to bad tone
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by Kunundrum
X1000000

Yes, beginners should start with that and NOT MG's or Line6's. MG's and Line 6's (non-vetta ones) will make your ears used to bad tone

Isn't the Cube 30 ss too? Does it really have a better tone than the Line 6 or MG's?
There is nothing wrong with the AVT marshalls however the Mg series is s!!t don't buy and the line sixes are alright if you want modelling stuff
i have to use a Marshall AVT100 head for jam practice every sunday and honestly, its a mediocre amp. We play hard rock and sometimes heavier stuff, and you cant really cut thru when in a band situation, crank it all you want, but it'll never cut thru. Thank god for my GT2, i plugged it straight to the power amp and get decent tone.

then again i dont have any form of transport to lug my 5150 around so i guess i'll just have to settle with it.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by afrika18
Isn't the Cube 30 ss too? Does it really have a better tone than the Line 6 or MG's?

yes it is, but the tone is MUCH nicer

TS- what music do you play?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
sry forgot to put the models marshall MG15MSll and line 6 spider lll 75
Justice is Done
\\m//
R.I.P.
Cliff Burton
...And Justice For All
Quote by Jesus.Hammet
sry forgot to put the models marshall MG15MSll and line 6 spider lll 75

Between those two models, I'd go for the Line 6. =\
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
between a spider and an MG the spider wins hands down.

But it's still not a good as a Cube or a Valvetronix. I'm still going with what I said earlier-go to the store and try a bunch of different amps in your price range and see which one you like best, and if you can bring a friend who's had a good amount of experience with amps and guitars, that can be a big help.
Line 6.

The amps aren't bad if you know what to do with them. I've heard some pretty great sound from these amps.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
listen u mg haters.
I have one, and they are far from the best, but for a small practice amp, my g15rcd delivers okay. There is worse, and frankly I'd rathe rhave my mg15, than any line 6 - mine sounds quite good when loud.

Of course, if you have the budget, get a dsl401, or jcm800 for clasic marshall crunch.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!