I am going to Guitar Center either Tomarrow or Saturday to get my Vox AD50VT.

They are having their 50% off green tag event, and was wondering if they counted friday as part of the weekend like some places do, or if they start weekend sales on saturday?

I was also wondering what and how much of a difference does 2x12 speakers have over 1x12? As in, is it worth the extra $100 on the list price for the extra speaker, or is the difference too negligable concidering the fact that I'm going to be usuing this in a bedroom setting. The better the tone I can get, the happier I am, but how much better if any is the 2x12 over the 1x12, concidering the fact that I'm gonna be using this for practice really (mabey a few smaller things here or there, but mainly in my practice room)?

-Outside Octaves
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
They usually start Fridays.

And to answer your question an extra speaker is not needed. I bought an old AD30VT and I turned it up to 3 on master volume and it was sufficient. You wont really get a difference in tone unless you plan to turn it up really loud. In that case the gain might break up.
i would get the 2x12 since i use to own the 1x12 and the 1x12 has a celestion speaker in it. other than those others that have stock vox speakers. the celestion gets VERY muddy and you have to back WAY off the bass, then you lose that goo dlow end that vox's have. the 100 watt 2x12 has a good beefy bottom end. good amp for gigging and practice but too much for me. i now have the 30 watt 1x10.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Dang, way too many threads started in only a few hours time on this particular forum... This hit page two between 3 am and 8 am... anyways:

I figure it's worth bumping seeing that there's a new batch of people on in the mornings, and that I'll be going to guitar center today if the sale does indeed start today. You think they'll have some in by about 3 or 4 this afternoon if they are green-taged?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Yea, I leave for a few hours again and page 2... yeash, lol.

Anyone got something here? As I'm really undecided on weather I want the 1x12 or the 2x12... What's the major differences, is the extra speaker + both speakers in the 212 being stock supposedly a large enough difference in tone to shell out the extra dough for?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
id go for the 2x12 since it has stock vox speakers and the celestion can get VERY muddy.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Ok, I should have asked this before... but it's just such a nooby thing to ask.. but here goes:

What does muddy really mean?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
just too much bass really. mudyd really isnt a good thing at all. just get the 2x12. you'll be glad you did.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
too much bass? How can there be such a thing? lol... I got my bass cranked to the max on my 1x10 Kustom RC30... though I guess it's different with a quality system and 12" speakers...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Different amps has different bass freq. Also, is matters what strings you play and the guitars you play. I still say any Vox is worth buying, but overall, if you buy the 2x12, you should be happy. It puts out better sound at higher volumes for gigging and Vox's just have a certian amount of power behind them, very cool.

You'll be happy with whatever you get, only if you get Vox.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I got my Ibanez RG320DX and my modded ESP LTD H-100FM.
And my strings are in my sig.

What do you think I should be getting tonally with my main guitar, the LTD?

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Well, I ended up getting the 1x12 because of the fact that they didn't have any 2x12 50's in... But I do say... I had the full intentions of bargoning down the price... but I have never been in a store with so many guitars and amps and other music things in my life...... "overwhelmed" wouldn't describe the sensation... I was so... ugh, long story short, I forgot to barter...

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Mar 24, 2007,
I wonder if one could bargin down the price after it's on layaway? probably a dumb question, but a ponderance I had.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Hmmm, mabey cause I have the right to put them in my sig if I want to? Why do you have a picture of a guy in a santa hat all these months after christmas for your avatar?

I for one put them there cause it's part of the rig , and strings do make a difference in tone... so I put them there :P... geez, the arogence in these forums...

Well, this may all be a mute point now.. I found a guy willing to sell me a VOX Valvetronix AD50VT-212 for 177+S&H. I think I'll go for that deal.. He can order it brand spanking new, still sealed in the box for that .

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at Mar 25, 2007,