Page 1 of 3
have any or alot of you made purchases you regretted i did i bought a 400 dollar epi les paul plain top and now im sendin it back tommorrow for the mim strat luckily i realized i wanted the strat before my 30 days was up with guitarcenter.com policy and of you guys done these kinda things
I asked my parents for a sister. Unfortunely they have this "No Return" policy going on, that I wasn't aware of.
Peace.
Quote by stratson
??

I think he/she is referring to something not related to guitars.
My flanger, mainly due to the price.
My bass, only because I thought I wanted a six string.
My Muff, because I could've gotten the metal or russian.
Some candy at the store, because I could've saved the money for a wah.

Pretty much everything I've ever bought, I've regretted at least a bit, but usually ended up being content with the purchase.
As far as gear... my old Crate 30 watt. It was my first real amp, but looking back on it, I could have spent the $250 on something a lot better.

As far as life in general... my sandisk mp3 player. Once your out of school, you don't really use an mp3 player that much.
Quote by 6WS
As far as gear... my old Crate 30 watt. It was my first real amp, but looking back on it, I could have spent the $250 on something a lot better.

As far as life in general... my sandisk mp3 player. Once your out of school, you don't really use an mp3 player that much.

ya i bought a scandisk mp3 player too and i never use it, i cant even sell it cuz the face has a horrid scractch on it
does anybody know if the strat im getting this month will be a 2006 or 2007 model and has fender made any changes to the pups or anything this year?
Quote by stratson
does anybody know if the strat im getting this month will be a 2006 or 2007 model and has fender made any changes to the pups or anything this year?
The serial number usually tells, but what difference does it make?
eh I regret buying so much paintball stuff when I don't go very ofter, it's just too expensive
and... this really crappy cereal that I tried, it was gross
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
I paid a grand for an ESP Baritone. I think I'm starting to get a higher fret problem AGAIN!
Quote by maXterbat0r
The serial number usually tells, but what difference does it make?

im just wondering cuz i heard the newer models have pickups that make less noise just wanted to see if this is true
My Crate 10 channel mixing board.... I have no use for it.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
The new Converge cd No Heroes. I dont know why i bought that cd, I cant stand that mans voice.
a dean baby Z.

At the time, it was on the internets, and it looked cool, but when I got it, it was MINI and pissed me off.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Big Muff USA Reissue

My myspace. Yeah. I know it sucks.
A drummer... just kidding, wish I never did make a band with a drummer, hes a complete self insolent freak. His mom dosen't appreciate the guitar thing... when I finally got my amp to sound over his drums his mom told us to quiet down. That pis''sed me off. But a real purchase? Probably a Boss Super Overdrive Pedal SD-1. box o crap. I later got a much cheaper DOD Overdrive Preamp/250 reissue, which kicks butt for half the price.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
All of the little stuff I buy really. I'd have so much more money if I didn't piddle it away on energy drinks and gum and fast food I don't need.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by crazygluedmybut
I asked my parents for a sister. Unfortunely they have this "No Return" policy going on, that I wasn't aware of.

rofl, sigged
oh yea, regrettes......i regret buying friends food and shit....im too nice.....i buy people shit all the time and its really cutting short my guitar budget....
Quote by goldbuddist
oh yea, regrettes......i regret buying friends food and shit....im too nice.....i buy people shit all the time and its really cutting short my guitar budget....

Yeah, same here dude. It gets to the point where your friends just start mooching off you.

Anyway, I also regret most of my paintball gear. $350 on a marker+hopper that I've only used twice in the past year...
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, same here dude. It gets to the point where your friends just start mooching off you.

Anyway, I also regret most of my paintball gear. $350 on a marker+hopper that I've only used twice in the past year...

i hear that, stupid moochers.
i also regret buying a 100dollar gorilla costume suit.... NOT!!! ****in love it man, scares my nephew and people love it wheni wear it in public

but i really regret buying this Sunrise guitar (from china) from 1 of my best friends' dad...
it ****in sucked ass!!!! the high E string broke while i was playing the damn verse of Like Light To The Flies by Trivium.... WHICH ONLY USES STRINGS 3-6!!! i mean.. how ****in lame right? well, thank god i only paid 90bucks....

by the way, i got mooched by my friends for like 300bucks in the first 1-2months of the new school year here.... thats total, not each month, lol, but i coulda done some serious good with that cash....like get a nice bass....i like guitar ALOT!! but want a bass too
Quote by goldbuddist
it ****in sucked ass!!!! the high E string broke while i was playing the damn verse of Like Light To The Flies by Trivium.... WHICH ONLY USES STRINGS 3-6!!! i mean.. how ****in lame right? well, thank god i only paid 90bucks....

Dude. Hate to break it to you, but its not the guitar, its the band. Your strings couldn't take the suck.
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30

My Creative Zen Vision: M which has broken upwards of 3 times and I'm on my 3'd replacement. Thank god I bought the insurance but now the screen is fed up and they wont take it back. I'm gonna keep trying though. I want to replace it with a zune.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Quote by leid sepplin
Dude. Hate to break it to you, but its not the guitar, its the band. Your strings couldn't take the suck.

if u think trivium sucks....please dont come to las vegas haha
but no, it was definately the guitar....u dont just randomly see
your unplayed high E string snap while playing 3rd and 5th strings chords....

besides...you really cant say they suck....if they sucked they wouldnt be as big as they are in only a few years....seeing as their 1st album got signed when Heafy and Smith were 13yr old kids.....that takes EXTREME talent...and NON-suckage lol

you get bigger then trivium when your 13years old and then you can tell me they suck...otherwise your just another metal hater...
Quote by goldbuddist

besides...you really cant say they suck....if they sucked they wouldnt be as big as they are in only a few years....seeing as their 1st album got signed when Heafy and Smith were 13yr old kids.....that takes EXTREME talent...and NON-suckage lol

you get bigger then trivium when your 13years old and then you can tell me they suck...otherwise your just another metal hater...
He is in the wrong saying that Trvium sucks, but please try to not get a flamewar going.

And Trivium are supposedly metalcore/hardcore.
Quote by goldbuddist

How did fall out boy, greenday, and Weezer get so popular so quick?

and I dont mean that the guitarists suck, I just think the band over all sucks. Ever listen to the lyrics? they make absoutley no sense! and plus the lead singers voice makes him seem like hes trying too hard.

(my 2 cents)
MY GEAR-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Roland Cube 15
Alverez/Yairi 1995 YM-1
Ovation Celebrity
Peavey Classic 30

awhile back, i bought i fender 12 string acoustic...now, i wish i had just saved that money to buy a 12 string Martin. While this fender doesn't sound bad, it's just isn't as good as a martin...
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
She has a pussy so she shall be banged.

Smile, enjoy, live...you only get to do it once.
lets just stay on topic...

i also regret buying WoW (the PC game) i put it in expected the unending fun that all
these millions of people claim....but it ****in sucked my balls to the fullest.... the only
fun thing was talkin shit to the nerds who play it all day haha and jumping on people...
or go dancing around naked haha

hmm, regret getting an N64 (never play it)
Yep,my paintball stuff.I went with a friend for about a year or so and bought stuff here and there then took the mandatory winter break.After break i dint have it in me to play anymore.Plus i got sick of the little kids(13 yearolds)useing there daddys $1000+ guns and bragging like they are badass cause of it.
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
Quote by leid sepplin
How did fall out boy, greenday, and Weezer get so popular so quick?

and I dont mean that the guitarists suck, I just think the band over all sucks. Ever listen to the lyrics? they make absoutley no sense! and plus the lead singers voice makes him seem like hes trying too hard.

(my 2 cents)

F.O.B. got big fast because the bassist wrote a threating note about commiting suicide unless he recieved fame..... thus, FOB came to be famous..... ****in douchebag cheaters....

Greenday turned to the Punkish genre with the 'American Idiot' album
giving them the edge with the popularity of the genre in 04-05

Weezer....wtf are u talking about....Weezer isnt that big....

I realize that Trivium's words dont make sense....but then again, do any metal words make sense? Not really.... its just music....dont take it so literally...just enjoy the sounds
and the singer trys hard because the band lives for the band....and he's only like 20 now.... no older the 20, no younger then 19.... he's gone really far....he's even got his own custom razorback which costs more then ****in tribute dimebag razorz..... 6k+ for the Heafy white gold razor
you CANT tell me that aint cool to have an expensive signature razor that Dean thinks should cost that much

more regrets i remember

buying 3 xbox 360headsets....they all broke lol
Last edited by goldbuddist at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by Bayonetwork
Stadium Arcadium...

how can you have buyer's regret over a c.d.? they're not that expensive.
seriously, there is a lot of filler on that c.d., but there are good tracks too.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

I regret spending $3 on a burrito at 7-Eleven today because it was 1600 calories...which is ****ing insane , no I didn't eat it.
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Page 1 of 3