Hi. I just thought about something, it may be useless but it should look cool. So I was thinking about maybe putting a pulse neon light inside my amp. Summer's coming up and I don't have much to do so I thought I'd do something to keep me busy from staying on the computer too long. I came here to ask you guys if...

1.) It's possible

2.) Anyone here has done it.

3.) If anyone knows how it will work.

I was thinking of maybe putting it inside(the back of my amp isn't open) and to save the trouble of opening the amp and turning it on every gig(or maybe not, I don't gig much anyway) I think maybe I can wire it to the ON/OFF switch of the amp so when I turn the amp on, the light goes on.

I wanna hear about what you guys think. Good idea? Bad idea?

If it turns out good and I start with it, maybe I'll post pics.

Alex
you might need to go to ultimate-electricians.com for that LOL

if u found a way to wire a neon light to your amp's on/off switch, id pay you for it

good luck for that dude!!!
Be aware that your tolex or whatever is covering your amp might also cover the light too much. It sounds like a sweet idea though. If it comes out sweet, post a picture or two.
doesn't hughes and kettner already do that?
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Fender rumble bass amps have something similar to what youre talking about. I'm sure it's possible.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
It's not really that hard dude. What amp is it?
I wouldn't suggest a neon, it could possibly add a lot of buzzing issues. A few high-intensity LEDs would do the job nicely
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
haha you and your high intensity led's but yeah thats what you will want man. It wouldnt be that hard, just im too lazy to type haha
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Quote by lespaulmarshall
haha you and your high intensity led's but yeah thats what you will want man. It wouldnt be that hard, just im too lazy to type haha

Get to sleep, you bastard! Pfft, you and your 'Uni is so hard, etc", when all you do is spend your time on the net and UG!
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."