im new to this forum and just started playin the guitar a couple weeks ago and i have an acoustic but really want an electric guitar so whats a good starter electric guitar for a good price im tryn to stay with Fender, Gibson, or Ibaneze
What he said
|
|
\ /
Do you need an amp as well?
Last edited by Shinigami1337 at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by Weaverman
im new to this forum and just started playin the guitar a couple weeks ago and i have an acoustic but really want an electric guitar so whats a good starter electric guitar for a good price im tryn to stay with Fender, Gibson, or Ibaneze

My advice is lower your expectations, because your not getting a gibson unless you have $1000 + laying around the house. A Fender Fat strat is extremely versatile for all genres. Ibanez is mainly good for metal. What kinda music do you listen to/ like to play?

EDIT:The guy above me is trying to ask what your price range is with those pictures, but he can't get em to work.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Ibanez Gio has a starter pack with an amp. My friend has it, and the guitar is actually really nice. The action is low and the playability on it is amazing. The amp isn't great, but then again, no 15 watt SS amp really is.

Depending on how much money you have... go for an Epiphone (Les Paul or SG) their a sub-company off Gibson. Then buy an modulating amp, such as a Behringer. That way, you will have all your effects built in.
aren't the amps with all the effects built in pretty useless?
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

No, I have the ad30vt, the effects are always a nice touch and it gives you an idea of what effects you like by experimenting.

Threadstarter like others said:

a)Budget

b)Musical Style

c)Do you have an amp?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Give him suggestions also based on the fact that he started playing just a couple of weeks ago
welcome \m/ so anyway ...gibson is probably to expensive and just in case you quit,get a cheaper guitar I recomend the gio ( its was my first electric) better than most strat style http://fender.com/products/search.php?section=guitars&cat=stratocaster guitars for rock music (2 humbuckers) and a tune o matic bridge (the one without the whammy bar ) so u wont knock your guitar out of tune (im trying to not use to many technical word

Can you tell us....

Style of music
Price range(if money is no problem i recomend you buy them seprately usually the quality is worse in starter packs)
Influences