Well, I've read a lot of threads about the EMG pickups and their praise, but I really need to know what I'll get in each type. Comparing any mid-range EMG and some DiMarzio PAF humbuckers, what will I get in each? This will be going in a home-made LP Goldtop, and I just wanted to know what I will get in each of these pickups?

Thanks.
Once upon a time, you didn't exist.

SLAMARAMALAMABINGBONG - How To Play Guitar For Dummies
the EMGs are more for modern stuff and dont have that good of a clean sound (imo)

the PAFs are (still) built for classic rock stuff (since they are copies of the original humbuckers gibson designed) and will nail that sound better than EMGs

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
You've probably already read this but... EMG's are more suitable with a really nice amp, and they're more directed towards metal. Personally, I like DiMarzio more. They've have more of a specific model for, basically, every person preference.
Well, I just saw the matte black finish on the EMG's and they look so damn sleek. They're beautiful, maybe for the second project guitar.

Since this is indeed a Les Paul, I'm going to go with the DiMarzio PAF Humbuckers just because they are indeed geared towards the Classic Rock sound, and I will build all the necessary pedals to make it sound like metal. I play through a Fender Princeton Chorus, so I think the PAF sound will work well with the amp.

Thanks for the help!
Once upon a time, you didn't exist.

SLAMARAMALAMABINGBONG - How To Play Guitar For Dummies