Ever since middle school, all I've worn was Hollister and Abercrombie clothing, I'm currently in my senior year and I'm starting to get the mature feel and don't really want to go off to college as the preppy little abercrombie kid, i think that kind of look can only work in high school, what do college kids aka the mature ones dress like? Just wondering...
^maybe he is just getting sick of the clothes and growing out of the preppy stage?

edit: thats not 1 but 2 above me
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
college/university kids wear everything.

dont worry about it.

half of us wear pajamas to class.
Quote by JC13
Here I'll fix it for you.

"I used to wear hollister and abercrombie clothing, but now that I'm going to a new school soon I want to be someone I'm not, and please other people, can I fit in"

Its not that and I never said I wanted to be someone else and even hinted that...w/e
I can't even take myself seriously when I'm at a really nice place or event or w/e and am wearing a skin tight hollister shirt with shorts and flip flops....it just doesn't feel mature...
Quote by daytripper75

dont worry about it.

True, half the time I forget to wear a shirt
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Shop at K-Mart????
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I haven't changed the way I dress. I grew up in the country and now I'm goin to college in a big city. Ya, cowboy boots, Wrangler jeans, camo hat, and t-shirts.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Umm...lot's of people wear those clothes in college. Hell, I'd wear hollister and A&F if I could afford it. Rich bastard! j/k, lol. But yeah, just wear whatever. If those are the type of clothes you've been wearing because that's you, no sense in changing your style "just" because you're going to college. I almost always wear khakis and a nice t-shirt. I love playing guitar, but I don't think I have to have a punk rock/metal/ or any other look just because I'm associated with guitar. Just wear whatever and you'll be fine.
This is what I do. Go to a store like Sears, Marks Warehouse (not the exact name, but it's real similar. marks work warehouse?) or a mens dress shop. At these places you find nice pants, sweaters, t-shirts etc.

They look really nice, and don't have a "preppy" look to them. Try them all on and make sure they fit well.

That will make you look like a well dressed professional college kid.

Always remember, try the stuff on and make sure it fits and you like it. Take your time. It's better then buying stuff and thinking "it's not exactly what I want"

Also, in college, people dress pretty much the same. preppy, classy, shitty, normal...whatever you want to call it.
okay...heres what you do....go find some random jeans...baggy....find a shirt of band you like...but make sure its bigger than a skin tight one...screw the "scene" stuff these days (no offense to the people who wear that stuff) and go find some shoes that cover the toes and fit okay...doesnt matter what kind they are...just okay shoes...and there ya go...oh..and dont wear those crappy hemp or shell necklaces...if pants are ripped...that better be from actual user wear...
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
Quote by Embodiment
I can't wait for college. I probably will end up wearing a garbage bag in laziness.

And nobody would even flinch
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
And nobody would even flinch

Awesome. How do they feel about not wearing pants?
Quote by Scissortooth
This is what I do. Go to a store like Sears, Marks Warehouse (not the exact name, but it's real similar. marks work warehouse?) or a mens dress shop. At these places you find nice pants, sweaters, t-shirts etc.

They look really nice, and don't have a "preppy" look to them. Try them all on and make sure they fit well.

That will make you look like a well dressed professional college kid.

Always remember, try the stuff on and make sure it fits and you like it. Take your time. It's better then buying stuff and thinking "it's not exactly what I want"

Also, in college, people dress pretty much the same. preppy, classy, shitty, normal...whatever you want to call it.

most people i see dont look well dressed and professional.

from my experience, most college kids could care less about how they look and dress.
Quote by Embodiment
Awesome. How do they feel about not wearing pants?

As long as you have something covering your "areas" then you are good to go.

But don't be surprised if the teachers make fun of you in class.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
As long as you have something covering your "areas" then you are good to go.

But don't be surprised if the teachers make fun of you in class.

Of course, I wouldn't wanna walk nude, I'd get raped or something. I'd just wear a toga made out of bed sheets.
Quote by Embodiment
Of course, I wouldn't wanna walk nude, I'd get raped or something. I'd just wear a toga made out of bed sheets.

Hell, you might even blend in with that
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Every now and then I wear my cowboy hat for fun cause in Birmingham, Alabama, there is a severe shortage of country boys.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by Embodiment

Ah...common man. Toga's are saved specifically for toga parties. Loses it's touch if you were to wear it all the time. Geesh...you'll learn. At least once a week you'll find a themed party for a frat to wear whatever the hell you want. Otherwise for class, you could wear the same clothes for a week and no one would even notice.
Where whatever the **** you want...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Here's what you gotta do.

Get 3 or 4 pairs of really nice (not like, nice-looking, I mean like, jeans that fit well, and will last for a while) jeans that will last for a long time. Don't worry about the cost, because you're probably not growing much any time soon, unless you gain weight like hell, which should be avoided. Now that you're an adult you should probably eat like one, just sayin' cook your own food, it's way cheaper and better for you.

Anyway, tangent aside. Nice jeans, a few "nicer" clothes to wear to work (I have khakis and corduroy pants that I wear to work when I'm serving) and then basically load up on cool t-shirts. Don't be the guy in the pink polo shirt, just... don't be that guy. I wear a t-shirt and jeans pretty much every day as far as school, and if it's cooler I'll put a long sleeve shirt under my t-shirt and if it's even colder I'll put a damn hooded zip-up sweatshirt on over my t-shirt.

Shoes... wear what's comfortable. I like the old vintage looking shoes, mostly because they fit my feet well and I can walk for miles on end in them, but if you want to be weird, like my roommates, you can wear cowboy boots
Last edited by pratt121 at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by daytripper75
most people i see dont look well dressed and professional.

from my experience, most college kids could care less about how they look and dress.

I diden't say they did. I said HE will look well dressed and profesional. I also said most college kids dress the same. as in, preppy, shitty, horrible, normal, whatever.
Quote by Scissortooth
I diden't say they did. I said HE will look well dressed and profesional. I also said most college kids dress the same. as in, preppy, shitty, horrible, normal, whatever.

I usually find that there is a wide variety of styles, not one major one.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
I usually find that there is a wide variety of styles, not one major one.

Yeah, your right.

When I said "same" I meant the same as high school, or the same as pretty much anybody you see.

I see people who dress to kill and people who I feel obligated to give money to.
Button up shirts with no brand name on them. Plaid, striped, or solid colors, Khaki pants or slacks, black dress shoes, belt. Now you look like honeybiscuit.
Cant go wrong with Ralph Lauren.
formerly: lil key key and before that green_jello
Wear what you like, fcuk what everyone else thinks!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
why dont you just skin a sheep and wear the fleece?

just wear whatever you want to wear.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Or just wear a deer, Tom Green style!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
yea, i'm going to agree with JuiceMango. College kids wear what they want. That is a bold statement to say that you are "maturing" and have decided to change what you wear, implying that anyone who wears Hollister or Abercrombie are immature. I wear anything i choose, and that includes Hollister
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What the hell does preppy mean anyway?

Simple description of a prep; skin tight t-shirt, ripped jeans, and flip flops
Quote by daytripper75

dont worry about it.

+ 1. you can wear what ya want man, people wear everything. just be yourself.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo