I don't know the details, but i've been told its like an average mexican strat but with better tunning pegs and tex-mex pick-ups. I saw it at tom lee's for 500 bucks. Should I buy it? And I'm also thinking of selling my old crappy guitar to buy a marshall amp I saw for a 100 bucks.
idk about the strat, but what kind of marshall amp is it? what amp do you have now?
i believe the marshall you are talking about is an MG.
so i wouldnt get it

what amp are you using now?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
i believe the marshall you are talking about is an MG.
so i wouldnt get it

what amp are you using now?

My current amp is so crappy any other amp would kick its ass. I'm not sure what brand, probobly yamaha, It said DG-10 OD on the front. It came with my yamaha ERG 121.

I've heard some good and bad talk about MG. Is it inconsistent or something?
well, the mg series isnt that bad, but its not really worth the money i would say. your better off getting like a smaller, lower watt, valve/tube amp. the tone will be ALOT better. i dont know that much about the strat. but personally, i really like MIA strats. my friend has a '50's one, and it sounds incredible. the action is superb. the maple neck is just butter. its pretty versatile also. i have a MIM strat, its ok, but personally i dont really like the pickups too much and i much prefer a maple, v-shape neck than a rosewood.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
the mg series isn't bad, per say, it'll just make your tone sound like it's coming out of an asshole.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by flyingv_m3
well, the mg series isnt that bad, but its not really worth the money i would say. your better off getting like a smaller, lower watt, valve/tube amp. the tone will be ALOT better. i dont know that much about the strat. but personally, i really like MIA strats. my friend has a '50's one, and it sounds incredible. the action is superb. the maple neck is just butter. its pretty versatile also. i have a MIM strat, its ok, but personally i dont really like the pickups too much and i much prefer a maple, v-shape neck than a rosewood.

yeah, thats why i wanna buy the 60th anniversary one, cause i heard its not the ordinary crappy ones you get with normal MIM strats

but I tried it in the store, and the frets are a bit bigger than i'm used too
Then get used to the frets? And how about saving up some money and getting you an Epi Valve Junior combo instead of the MG?
Quote by rockr09
Then get used to the frets? And how about saving up some money and getting you an Epi Valve Junior combo instead of the MG?

still, the frets are gonna slow me down. I looked it up, it had some godd reviews, but the epi junior dosen't look that appealing. Isin't there a decent marshall or maybe fender amp thats about a 100 bucks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-Amplifier-Head?sku=482069
Quote by FrozenSheep
still, the frets are gonna slow me down. I looked it up, it had some godd reviews, but the epi junior dosen't look that appealing. Isin't there a decent marshall or maybe fender amp thats about a 100 bucks.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-Amplifier-Head?sku=482069

No There Isnt. The only decent amps you will get in this price range are roland cubes, epiphones valve jrs and vox valvetronix or something similar.
Hoodoo you do Mr. Bellamy
Quote by FrozenSheep
so then what kind of marshall is good?

JCM's
the vintage modern is great
BluesBreaker

but theyre all about 20 times (if not more) than your budget

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
JCM's
the vintage modern is great
BluesBreaker

but theyre all about 20 times (if not more) than your budget

so i'm thinking about a roland cube instead of an MG but I heard is a more metal amp, and I play a lot of blues rock and metal, but does it have a good clean tone?