Well I'm starting to get college letters in the mail and I need to have some sort of idea of what I want to study for.

Anywho my parents told my I needed to get a stable job, like a doctor or engineer.
Everyone in my family is setting high standards... my three other cousins are going into medical and I don't like tech. So that leaves one option, I need to be a doctor. I don't mind it, it's respected well paying and I'd love to help people or save a life.

However I can't stand seeing the things doctors see or deal with, I have enough problems with the diagrams in bio. Plus I only have two years left, I'm being pushed to get everything caught up and done so I can go to a good college. But it's like i'm giving up everything else, I probably won't be playing as much guitar. LImited to 1 or 2 hours a day and obvioulsy, I won't be on here for a while.

OUtside of all this, I always wanted a music related job, but my everyone tell me i'll regret it. I can understand my mom went into art and it didn't work out, it's not stable. People will look down on me and I'll have a tough life. BUt I ask is it better to just go for med school? I have alot of work ahead and my summer has basically gone, but not everyone has a chance to do something like this.

At the moment I plan on dropping tech to take music theory and take music as a minor. But I won't have much time for music while studying. Anyone else have to make similar decisions? What did you do?

sorry for the rant/
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
if you don't wanna go to med school, be a lawyer. Pays just as well.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Go to college and get a liberal arts degree. After that you may have figured out what you wana do. **** everyone shoving down their vision of the future for you down your throat, just do what you want and don't look back.
you have a much better chance of not failing in life if you go to medical school
Quote by the spiker
Go to college and get a liberal arts degree.

Absolute waste of money.
I was in your boat once tossing between arts and medical science. Studying medicine is pretty intense and you'll want to drop out quickly if it's not really your thing. If you are fortunate to be given the oppurtunity, I believe you should make medicine as your career and make music as your hobby.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...
Yeah I think I will give it a shot, I have some intro programs to the field, so I can decide if I really like it or not.

IS there time for music on the side? OR is there that much work and studying involved that I wouldn't have time for anything else, just med school.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Step back, then consider what you'd do if you ignored any influence from your parents.

Then do that.
There's always time for music if you manage your time well. I always get my studies done while still managing to play guitar daily and go out on the weekends. Just don't forget your priorities.
electro music alliance

Moon of The Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join!

Quote by The 6th String
I learned to dance by watching amputees have seizures...