After trying to learn guitar myself, I conclude that I have failed miserably. I can play a few basic songs and riffs.... but nothing im really proud of. I think a few lessons will get me started off on the right track, but im not sure where I should go for lessons.

I live in California on the bay area so if you guys know of any places, please tell me
thanks
ok first off don't go to a big chain store. You need to get some lessons from a nice teacher that works in some local non chain shop. Trust me it is way better than gettin some person who can't remever your name. Also only take it about 6 months-12 months. That is if you take the music serouisly. Also I like to think you make a choice when you first choose to play. You can choose for the guitar to be means of expression, were you pour your heart and soul through you fingers to the guitar ,or It can be a guitar that fromsmathmatical patterns all across the fretboard to make different tones . Basically wat i am saying is, You can play the guitar from your heart and soul , or you can play it with the brain. Your choice.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Quote by speedylocs
hey i no a great place, ever been to haight ashbury in sunnyvale?

what the hell?

edit: didn't know there was one beyond the haight... god, I hate sunnyvale...
Last edited by MakinLattes at Mar 23, 2007,
how bout guitarmasterclass.net from the swedish Kristopher Dahl guy who actually has built a rep i guess here on UG lol, i did a tapping lesson with him and learned how to do it perfectly within 5 minutes of the video ending

it costs cash, 29.99USD for every 3months, 49.99USD 6months (i think) or 8.99USD 1month i think

somewhere along those lines, and u get 3days free too, so if u dont like it within 3 days, you can stop
Quote by MakinLattes
what the hell?

edit: didn't know there was one beyond the haight... god, I hate sunnyvale...

sunnyville? tyte, i live in walnut creek.

by the way you guys, do you know what the average cost for lessons by 30min or 1hr sessions normally are? cuz $30/hr is a little costly.. >.<
Quote by lucky911charms
ok first off don't go to a big chain store. You need to get some lessons from a nice teacher that works in some local non chain shop. Trust me it is way better than gettin some person who can't remever your name. Also only take it about 6 months-12 months. That is if you take the music serouisly. Also I like to think you make a choice when you first choose to play. You can choose for the guitar to be means of expression, were you pour your heart and soul through you fingers to the guitar ,or It can be a guitar that fromsmathmatical patterns all across the fretboard to make different tones . Basically wat i am saying is, You can play the guitar from your heart and soul , or you can play it with the brain. Your choice.

Listen to him, my guitar teacher pwns those Guitar Center n00bs.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
How much do your guitar teachers normally charge for 1hr or 30min sessions?
Quote by xAbre120
How much do your guitar teachers normally charge for 1hr or 30min sessions?

$55 a month, somewhere around 4 weeks in a month, so around $13.75 per lesson maybe?
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by andrew12398
$55 a month, somewhere around 4 weeks in a month, so around $13.75 per lesson maybe?

preaty good deal