ive got a $1200 AUD budget. i need no less than 100 watts. id prefer a head + cab. nothing from behringer please and ashdown please. and why are fender amps so ****ing overpriced here? i saw a bassman 100 watt 2x10 combo for like 2.3 gran
Maybe something like a Laney RB9 Head and RB410 cab. You can pick that up in the UK for about £400, that's about $980 AUD.

Laney amps are really good quality for the money and I actually preferred my old Laney combo to my mates Ashdown.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
you don't really need a half stack if your only looking for stuff over the magical 100watts.

I would recommend from personal experience a Warwick sweet 15.2, 150watts, lovely tone and light for the size.

only AU$900
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Mesa Heads and Cabs are the best your going to get but you'll need to save up more.

Also halfstacks usually come with more wattage than 100 watts. But you could always look into the GK brat pack.
I'm a big fan of the Peavey TNT 115 - it sounds great and it's got a direct line-out whihc apparently is rare on bass amps - really useful because then you can just hook it up to other amps or PAs etc.

I'm a big fan of it.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
^yeah it's not a bad amp but only 50 watts from memory, still a nice little amp.
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Quote by Double Basser
^yeah it's not a bad amp but only 50 watts from memory, still a nice little amp.

Nope, you're thinking of a different amp - it's 115 watts, thus the TNT 115.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
yeah my bad i was thinking of the TNT 112 which is a 50 watter with a 12inch speaker. and 115 is 150 watt
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
I picked up my Hartke HA2500 and VX410 for $1100 over here. A little big for what you are looking for, but headroom is always good I guess.

Umm... other than that maybe the Eden Silver series or SWR.

I've found it difficult to find a shop that stocks GK's or Ashdown's around here also.
Quote by Felkara
Nope, you're thinking of a different amp - it's 115 watts, thus the TNT 115.

Nope, it's got one 15" speaker, hence TNT 115. It's 150W.
Quote by ShaggyDan
I picked up my Hartke HA2500 and VX410 for $1100 over here. A little big for what you are looking for, but headroom is always good I guess.

Umm... other than that maybe the Eden Silver series or SWR.

I've found it difficult to find a shop that stocks GK's or Ashdown's around here also.

that should be alright. what store did you get it from?
I think you should get an Eden Nemisis combo.. they're really good and affordable (should be in your budget). Where in Australia do you live? Because if you live in Melbourne, www.basscentre.com.au is the way to go
Out of interest, what don't you like about Ashdown? Just wondering, cause I have one, and I'm pretty chuffed with it.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I'd get either a stack from Gallien-Krueger or Ampeg.

I play a Gallien-Krueger full stack and love the tone it pumps out (even at max volume!) It's never failed me at a show.

My drummers dad has an Ampeg though and it is phenomenal though, I prefer the G-K to the Ampeg, but the power that thing puts is incredible!