I'm guessing some of you have heard of Steve Morse. He is, IMO, one of the most under-rated guitarists alive. I thought I'd share this clip with you, it's probably one of the most impressive live performances I have ever seen. It's not Smoke on the Water as you know it
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I've heard of Inspector Morse...
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

amazing.. just amazing
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Quote by JamieB
I've heard of Inspector Morse...

*cough* Do I hear the sound of phailure? *cough*
Watch the clip, then reply. I think you'll see what I mean.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I CAUGHT HIS PICK WHEN DEEP PURPLE WERE IN NEWCASTLE LAST YEAR

hooray!!
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
I CAUGHT HIS PICK WHEN DEEP PURPLE WERE IN NEWCASTLE LAST YEAR

hooray!!

Mad, I was at that concert too I was sitting 5 rows back right in the center. Where abouts were you?
its just a stack of famous riffs put together with smoke on the water nothing all that impressive as far as live performances go
Quote by the_random_hero
Mad, I was at that concert too I was sitting 5 rows back right in the center. Where abouts were you?

****ing FRONT ROW CENTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

another bloke caught his first one to the right, i caught the second. I was wearing a Motley Crue shirt.

proof:

horribly blurred picture though. Swanee were great and Status Quo were amazing. But Deep Purple were orgasmic.

on the pic it says
"Steve Morse
DEEP PURPLE"
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by johnnypark30
its just a stack of famous riffs put together with smoke on the water nothing all that impressive as far as live performances go

For a guitarist that gets almost no public recognition, it was mighty damn impressive. He's been an inspiration to a lot of the main soloists today (especially Petrucci, he absolutely worships Morse).
It just gets better. Wait till around the 6:30 mark
Last edited by the_random_hero at Mar 23, 2007,
Just basically playing a load of old rock riffs, nothing that special. He is a very brilliant guitarist though
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!