do those cabs that say they have paper cone drivers mean that the speakers are made out of paper? or a material similar to paper?
It's a really thick kind of paper, more like cardboard really
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
what the hell is this thread about?!
"Aww what’s the matter? You’re the one who started this game. Now you’re losing and you don’t want to play any more."
-Vegeta
The material used on a speaker cone

EDIT: I just realised the 'what the hell is this thread about' comment is actaully in you sig LOL
Attachments:
subcone260.jpg
it kinda sucks when you think about it...you spend 500+ on a cab and its a bunch of paper on the speaker(of course the magnets and stuff also)....maybe they go for the expensive stuff like the stuff they use for pokemon cards or something!
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
I heard they actually make it out of old Iron Maiden posters!
Quote by Cecil Gonzales
The material used on a speaker cone

EDIT: I just realised the 'what the hell is this thread about' comment is actaully in you sig LOL

ok thanks.

and its not in his sig
Quote by GodSaveUsAll
ok thanks.

and its not in his sig

Haha I don't know even that means I'm not as stupid as I thought or if I'm even more of a dumb ass for thinking I was LOL
have any off you seen the harke aliminium coned speakers

played through them at a jazz gig, other bassists amp

and was like :O
my custom made speakers are made from the skulls of Japanese soldiers.

but its a hardened paper, similar to cardboard. aluminum makes a great cone too, but it takes more power to move it, since it is heavier.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
but its a hardened paper, similar to cardboard. aluminum makes a great cone too, but it takes more power to move it, since it is heavier.

Aluminum also tends to give a brighter, more trebly tone than paper. Since, y'know, it's metal and all...
Well GK has a special gold speaker which pwns your little aluminum speaker (actually it's probly just aluminum that's painted gold, i haven't heard of them till i played them at Guitar Center and thought they sounded really cool)
Quote by tubadude
my custom made speakers are made from the skulls of Japanese soldiers.

Woo.. That would be pretty thick..
^_^