well, the PS3 is out today (in the UK + probably europe)

will anyone be getting one?

I would, if I had that sorta money, but I'll probably have to wait more than year before I get mine unfortunately
GTS8800 or GTX8800 > PS3
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
what was it about £450, **** that. ive seen some of the graphics and their to shitty playstation standard
My friends dad works at sony, and he already has one. I reckon I'll be going on that pretty soon *looks smug*
waste of money... i already have an xbox360, and they have way better games than ps3 anyway oh and ps3 is a f*$%in rip off
they are about 250 quid in japan at the moment.
Thats where im getting mine from at the end of the month.

the only problem is, the bluray player is a different region to the UK, but **** that. i didnt build up my DVD collection, only to have to replace it with bluray.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Not yet. I'll wait and see how it pans out. The 360 seems to be getting most of the 'exclusives' anyway. Devil may cry went multi platform, MGS4 and FFXIII are rumoured to be because of costs. I don't own a 360 but my brother does. It seems to be more geared towards hardcore gamers. I have a Wii only for the nintendo shit.

But yeah, the PS3 does really make me wanna rush out and buy it right now. The only reason I got a Wii at launch was for Zelda. I should have waited a year or two. I'm never gonna buy a console at launch ever again.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
its $1200 by it self and like $1500 - $2000 gaming packs

i would prefer to get a new bass or bass amp

and if i was getting a console i would probably get the $360
Some Guy?
Pisses me off, as soon as a console is cheap enough for me to afford the bring out a new one and dont make games for the old one anymore. Bastards.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Rather waste the cash on my guitar.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Meh. too expensive. when it drops in price and GT4 HD or even GT5 comes out, then maybe.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I'd get a PS3, but I'm not a cock-guzzling faggot.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Some people can be so immature.

I'll get it when I feel like it. There's certainly better games out for it (May I say Virtua Fighter 5?). Obviously I'm not gonna spend it all on the PS3, right now.

Oh and I heard they're releasing a new version of Xbox360 that has an HDMI and better hard drive. It's probably gonna cost just as much as the Playstation.
Sent from my iPad.
the 360 has HD output anyway?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by paintITblack39
Some people can be so immature.

I'll get it when I feel like it. There's certainly better games out for it (May I say Virtua Fighter 5?). Obviously I'm not gonna spend it all on the PS3, right now.

Oh and I heard they're releasing a new version of Xbox360 that has an HDMI and better hard drive. It's probably gonna cost just as much as the Playstation.

Yup, thats true. It has a 120gb hard drive and I thinks its in a black casing. And yeah, the pricing is virtually the same as the PS3. I think the original already had high definition support.

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
K, anymore silly immature posts in this thread and you'll regret it.

As for the PS3, I plan to trade in my 360 (it's okay, but it's been below my already low expectations) and all the games with it, which should mean that I only pay half price for the PS3. I'm too much of a MGS fanboy not to buy the machine.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I think the PS3 is junk imo. I gotta get Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Assasins Creed, Grand Theft Auto 4, Forza 2 perhaps?

so imo 360 is much better..

the new 360 that is "supposed" to come out will be "$480" M$ has said NOTHING about this console so it may just be an april fools joke..

at some PS3 launch party in Paris i believe...there was a big body of water next to it and a huge ship had a giant banner that read "Xbox 360 <3 you" on the side as it floated by the event...and that made more news than the launch event did.
Last edited by IbanezPlayer27 at Mar 23, 2007,
The 'immature' posts things extends to any name calling/bashing of the ps3 or 360. Just play nice people.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
The 'immature' posts things extends to any name calling/bashing of the ps3 or 360. Just play nice people.

I was stating my opinion.

well no I wont be getting one since I live in the US.

and I can't possibly afford it. haha...I need to get a car.
-After reading alot of reviews and specs on the PS3, I find it to be a waste of money. The pricing on it, if I'm not mistaken it's twice as high as for an Xbox and Sony justifies the pricing by telling people how much a standalone blueray-player costs, atleast according to the newsarticle.

I've also read articles stating that due to expences building that device, Sony has had to cut down on the quality of their product (atleast for the european version). They have removed the shocker from the controll and alot of games won't work properly.
Last edited by Der Bomber at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by Der Bomber
-After reading alot of reviews and specs on the PS3, I find it to be a waste of money. The pricing on it, if I'm not mistaken it's twice as high as for an Xbox and Sony justifies the pricing by telling people how much a standalone blueray-player costs, atleast according to the newsarticle.

I've also read articles stating that due to expences building that device, Sony has had to cut down on the quality of their product (atleast for the european version). They have removed the shocker from the controll and alot of games won't work properly.

It never had rumble to begin with. They had a lawsuit with someone which prevented it being implemented. They will probably release a new controller later because I think they got it sorted out. And yes, they removed the hardware that allows it to play PS2. Its all done by software updates now. Roughly 70% of the PS2 games actually work after updating your system, apparently.

No, but one of my friends bought one today. I'm going round his house tomorrow and we're gonna waste away the day like the cool kids we are!
I believe that Sony have finally dug their own grave, so I won't be buying one. I hope Nintendo and all the other people they ripped off sue them.
I'm not buying any of these consoles until either Metal Gear Solid 4 or Final Fantasy XIII come out.

At the moment, it looks like both of those games are PS3 exclusive (there have been rumours here and there but I doubt it), so I'll me getting me a PS3 next year, and it'll be way cheaper by that time anyway.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
As much of a PS fanboy as I am... the PS3 has absolutely NO good games, what is it.. 6 months after launch in the US?

The thing that made PS2 so great was the great selection of games on it. The PS3 is going to either need a bunch of good titles fast or it's going to die and sony's going to become the next sega.
No, Ive pretty much given up video gaming, I got a Wii which is fun and if i find myself raking it in I might consider a 360 but the PS3 is out the picture.