Page 1 of 2
Tell us some once GOOD bands that turned CRAP because of popularity and others!

Pretty much every band I can think of. Metallica being the worst cuplrits though!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Shea Donoghue
No band turns to crap because they gain popularity. It's anti-MTV elitists that make them seem like crap, when in reality their sound only matures and becomes better. If you really like a band, you won't be pissed off and start hating them because they have a couple more fans or they've decided to greaten their musical boundaries. It's people like you that make really good music seem like shit because it gets played on the radio a lot.

How about you don't be an ignorant puppet who follows the trend of everyone else and don't say a band sucks because they're famous now?

+1

[/thread]
Metallica.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Shea Donoghue
No band turns to crap because they gain popularity. It's anti-MTV elitists that make them seem like crap, when in reality their sound only matures and becomes better. If you really like a band, you won't be pissed off and start hating them because they have a couple more fans or they've decided to greaten their musical boundaries. It's people like you that make really good music seem like shit because it gets played on the radio a lot.

How about you don't be an ignorant puppet who follows the trend of everyone else and don't say a band sucks because they're famous now?

That's why i included...."and other"
OK??
RHCP even more so than metallica...
I dont like either of these bands (I like real metal) but the old RHCP was legendry.
Just to clarify the reason why I say Metallica is nothing to do with their popularity. I liked all of their stufff up to and including some stuff on the black album. After that they seemed more intersted in writing songs that would get them played on the radio rather than kick ass metal.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
I have no idea, since I'm not telepathic and I can't see into the minds of bands and see exactly what made their style change.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Goo Goo Dolls. They actually had some balls back in the early 90's. Johnny's more concerned with looking pretty now.
Geeze Janry, how many bloody threads have you got going tonight????

I counted 5

Give it a rest, huh?
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
dunno. creed? but probably more on stapp than popularity
their my own prison album was so much more different than the last one
DJaye - yes master, this time, i'll take ur advice. (just tired of pointless conversations).
Thanks for posting! <heh>
In Flames
Dimmu Borgir

I'd say Cradle of Filth, but they were horrible for most of their career anyway

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Personally, I believe Metallica went more downhill before they got popular, right when Cliff died. ...And Justice For All was alright, and "One" is the most overrated Metallica song by far.

But yeah, their popularity combined with Bob Rock killed Metallica.

Edit: Oh, and Children of Bodom seem to be aiming towards the path of suck as well.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Last edited by Dimebag Dave at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by DJaye
Geeze Janry, how many bloody threads have you got going tonight????

I counted 5

Give it a rest, huh?

oh dear.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
Quote by Shea Donoghue
It's anti-MTV elitists that make them seem like crap, when in reality their sound only matures and becomes better.

From Master of Puppets to St. Anger....

Hmmm...

Could you send me a few grams of whatever you're on?
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Shea Donoghue

+343535216

Even if they're "crap" they're still doing a lot more for the music scene than you are by bitching about it.
^ Well, TECHNICALLY most of us are doing less for the music scene than, say, avenged sevenfold, but I don't think anyone would argue their worth against their total fucking image-obsessed faggotry.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
There are plenty of bands who got BETTER with popularity, too!

Muse, AFI, Rammstein, Mindless Self Indulgence and My Chemical Romance to name a few.
Will this topic ever die? It only leads to juvenile bickering, I don't see what the damn point is.

=/
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']juvenile bickering

*PUSHES YOU THROUGH A SCREEN DOOR*
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Quote by rorythefaggot

*PUSHES YOU THROUGH A SCREEN DOOR*

On what grounds?
Nothing, just felt like a rumble.
derp

Quote by Jack Off Jill

OMG TEH GRATE BANDZ ALWAYS SELLOUT WTF

Seriously, musicians grow up. When you're 35, rediculously rich, and married with kids, it becomes a little difficult to write angst-ridden songs about being 19 and lost. It's not that they're selling out or buying into the hype, they're just doing what we all would do in their place. Music fans (especialy young ones) always act so shocked when bands change over time. Everybody changes over time. Get over it.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by PatchworkMan
OMG TEH GRATE BANDZ ALWAYS SELLOUT WTF

Seriously, musicians grow up. When you're 35, rediculously rich, and married with kids, it becomes a little difficult to write angst-ridden songs about being 19 and lost. It's not that they're selling out or buying into the hype, they're just doing what we all would do in their place. Music fans (especialy young ones) always act so shocked when bands change over time. Everybody changes over time. Get over it.

Quote by rorythefaggot
^ Well, TECHNICALLY most of us are doing less for the music scene than, say, avenged sevenfold, but I don't think anyone would argue their worth against their total fucking image-obsessed faggotry.

Give it a rest on Sevenfold. They're a pretty talented band, especially compared to most of the crap out there today.

And yeah, I'm not a big fan of their image myself, but they write some pretty damn good music in my opinion.
Quote by Aidy Damage

Muse, AFI, Rammstein, Mindless Self Indulgence and My Chemical Romance to name a few.

obviously your opinion to which your entitled mate so don’t take what I’m saying as having a go but honestly if anything I’d say that AFI latest effort miss murder is nothing compared to say .... sing the sorrow.

While its still a decent album I honestly don’t think black holes and revelations is as good as origin of symmetry was for muse either.

however for me one of the bands i think has let fame go to their heads and slipped because of it would be trivium, i mean listning back through Ember to Inferno and then ascendancy they were great albums (especially given the age of the members when they were written) but something about the crusade just makes me feel theyre taking that whole new metallica label way too far.

I don't think i would've cared about heafy ditching the "metalcore scream" either in favour of singing if he'd been a bit more honest and had just said he wanted to sing, instead of saying his voice was never strong enough to sing .... even though he actually sang pretty well on the previous 2 albums.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by rorythefaggot

I'll cut you a break since you've only been here a month, but any opinion you have has been shoved in our faces for years by arrogant fucks like you. I'm sure you feel you've garnered plenty of respect now that you've jumped the bandwagon and thrown daggers Sevenfold's way, but the truth of the matter is that regardless of if they are "real" metal or not doesn't in any way take anything away from them. If you're so much better and they're hacks, go prove them wrong. But instead, you'll sit on your high horse and toss insults down at them and just annoy everyone with the same argument we've all heard twenty times before.

To make a long story short, grow the fuck up. Try accepting something, not exactly liking it, but accepting that maybe somebody else will and trying to be respectful of everyone's different musical tastes instead of shitting on everything that doesn't tickle your god-damned fancy.
Quote by tommyt
obviously your opinion to which your entitled mate so don’t take what I’m saying as having a go but honestly if anything I’d say that AFI latest effort miss murder is nothing compared to say .... sing the sorrow.
I gotta agree with you there. I think AFI definitely took a risk with the new album, and I can respect that, but it backfired immensely.
Last edited by HorridxHopes at Mar 23, 2007,
Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Stadium Arcadium is pop rock bullshit, as is everything after Californication, which was pretty poppy in itself.

Oh well, John Frusciante's solo career ftw!
Dickless.
Metallica.....Cliff is what kept them original and from cahing in on their fame but after they died they pulled off Justice and went down hill.....Bob Rock is an evil evil creature....and I think if Mustaine hadn't been kicked out for drinking(Then James went to rehab wtf?)then they would have kept to their thrashiness....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by _3Lm0_
RHCP even more so than metallica...
I dont like either of these bands (I like real metal) but the old RHCP was legendry.

Metallica aren't real metal?

C'mon.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i think dave matthews went to crap. His last album was TERRIBLE

Greenday, but thats more about them growing up
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by Aidy Damage

none of these bands were good to begin with, and they're not now.
Quote by raise_the_dead

Quote by Shea Donoghue

It's anti-MTV elitists that make them seem like crap, when in reality their sound only matures and becomes better.

Hmmm...

+1
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
Quote by raise_the_dead

Hmmm...

+2
hue
Page 1 of 2