Hey guys,

Finally got my guitar back from the shop with my new Bareknuckles (Miracle Man and Cold Sweat) installed, and boy does it sound gorgeous! Anyways, I'm looking to get a few pedals to create myself a distinctive solo tone. I want it to really stand out from my usual tone and really scream.

I was thinking chorus, EQ and a solo boost. Everytime I've heard someone use chorus on a solo and an EQ pedal set to a treble/mid boost, I've always been amazed by the wailing, screaming sound it produces, and I'd like to get something like that. Only thing is, the neck tone is a tiny bit on the weak side, so I feel a boost is in order... But I don't have tons of money, prob only around a hundred at best...

What order would you rank these in, in case I can't afford them all at once?

And what would you recommend? At the moment I'm thinking Danelectro Fish n' Chips, EHX Small Clone and a Tubescreamer?

Thanks!
Schecter S-1 Elite
Bareknuckle Miracle Man/Cold Sweat
ENGL Screamer
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-3
EHX Small Stone
EHX Small Clone
Heh, iI *did* have lots of money... my sig is where it all went to hehe...
Schecter S-1 Elite
ENGL Screamer
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-3
EHX Small Stone
EHX Small Clone
Why would you need an EQ when the Tube Screamer already provides the mid hump and treble boost (via its tone knob).....

Try checkin out the Lovepedal Eternity (it has a mid hump EQ) and the tone also functions as a Treb booster. For the Chorus........ mm....... dunno....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Ah ok cool cool... Do you have one? If so, or if anyone else does, could they tell me how much the mid hump/tone function could tweak my sound? Could it do as much as an EQ pedal? Thanks for the recommendation BPM.
Schecter S-1 Elite
ENGL Screamer
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-3
EHX Small Stone
EHX Small Clone
For the chorus get a small clone. It's awesome
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by jimmy_fowler
Ah ok cool cool... Do you have one? If so, or if anyone else does, could they tell me how much the mid hump/tone function could tweak my sound? Could it do as much as an EQ pedal? Thanks for the recommendation BPM.

there is obviously no way that a pedal with one or two tone knobs is going to give you as much control as a full on EQ pedal. just isnt happening. but you do have a couple options.

1: get an EQ with a level out type knob. that way you can set your mid/mid-high boosted EQ for solos, and get a nice boosted output. wont give you any more gain itself, but you will get good tone control and get a boost for volume and driving the tubes a bit more.

2: get a nice OD pedal and use it more as a booster with a slight bit of gain. this will allow you to get a higher volume, push the tubes a bit more, and get a bit more gain going into the amp. with a decent pedal and decent tone knob you can get a mid/mid-high boost.

so either go for a decent EQ (MXR-10band is a bit over a hundred) or a decent OD (i like tubescreamers myself). wont get a chorus at the same time, but you will have pedals you like. or you can get a bad monkey, fish and chips, and maybe still have a bit of money for a chorus. you get all 3 this way, but the pedals arent as high quality.
As a cheaper alternative to the tubescreamer, what do people think of the Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Line Power Booster? Seems to get good reviews and it's really cheap... Is it good? Or would you still recommend the TS-9?
Schecter S-1 Elite
ENGL Screamer
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-3
EHX Small Stone
EHX Small Clone
You will probably be just fine off with a chorus and either just an EQ (with level out control of course, but I reckon most EQ pedals feature thus?) or just a boost. If they are both for your soloing tone only I don't really see any reason behind getting both of them. Saves you a fair bith of money too.
Sweet. Thanks man

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of the LBP-1? As it's so cheap I figure it's worth taking a look at anyways...
Schecter S-1 Elite
ENGL Screamer
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss DD-3
EHX Small Stone
EHX Small Clone