I'm torn between 1) Line 6 Spider III 75 watt 2)Roland Cube 60 3)Vox Valvetronix AD30

any thoughts on the pros and cons of these?
I just got a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt recently, seems fine to me. Good with all the effects
spider is good, i actually have the II not the III, but theyre pretty close. friend of mine got a vox, and i really like it, if you could step up to one of the bigger valve tronix id reccommend it. for me, ima go line 6, cuz it sounds good, and loud as hell
MY RIG:

Gibson Explorer '73 reissue, Classic White
Schecter Blackjack S1
Crate Stack

Thats noise violation in a box!
Either the VOX or the Cube - all three are modelling amps but those two still behave fairly conventionally...the Spider is one step removed from a Fisher Price toy. Go for the Cube if you're more into metal and heavier sounds, VOX for everything else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
What styles of music do you play?

The best amp you can get is either the Vox or the Roland.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
What styles of music do you play?

The best amp you can get is either the Vox or the Roland.

I play 80/90's metal and classic rock from the 70's like aerosmith/zeppelin. I used to have a fender hot rod deluxe tube amp, but it was only good for metal if you ran a distortion pedal though it. So I guess I'm looking for something that can provide metallica chunk and ac/dc marshall tone. I can't afford a good tube amp, but I'm looking for the next best thing.
CUBE or Vox. Stay away from that spider
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Quote by Kunundrum
CUBE or Vox. Stay away from that spider

Really? Is the spider that bad? I've read some reviews on Musician's friend and other sites and they are generally very, very good. But maybe Musician's Friend only prints mostly good ones to make sales. Does the tone really suck? I tried a Roland micro-cube cuz it was really cheap and for its size it sounded okay. But you couldn't get any chunky tones when you palm mute.
yep. Especially when you crank it. It sounds lifeless, and it doesn't pick up those nuances in your picking. You won't hear mistakes as much and this makes you:

1.) Not too particular about cleaning up your playing
2.) Get used to bad tone
3.) Think that distortion/O.D. really sounds that lifeless/sterile and thin
Quote by Kunundrum
yep. Especially when you crank it. It sounds lifeless, and it doesn't pick up those nuances in your picking. You won't hear mistakes as much and this makes you:

1.) Not too particular about cleaning up your playing
2.) Get used to bad tone
3.) Think that distortion/O.D. really sounds that lifeless/sterile and thin

thanks for the heads up. After reading this forum, I'm really starting to lean towards the roland cube 30 or 60, or the vox 30 valvetronix. Probably go with the cube 30 because I just play in my room.
yeah, and the cube is pretty good for an SS modelling amp.
Quote by afrika18
II used to have a fender hot rod deluxe tube amp, but it was only good for metal if you ran a distortion pedal though it.

I don't know, man. Looks to me like you're taking a serious step back. If you weren't pleased with the HRD, I suspect you'll very quickly become disappointed if you go with any of these amps you're looking at.

Buy from someplace with a liberal 30 day return policy. My money's on you returning whatever you get within that window.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.