I'm about to buy my first electric guitar, but i dont know which type it is.I was asked if i wanted to buy an electric guitar of my friends cousin, but he doesent know which model it is.It's black, it's a ibanez, it looks like an gsa 370 and the guy i'm buying it from says that he bought it for 14.000 NOK (norwegian kroner), which is worth about 2 346,79 USD$.
How much is it worth? (he bought it 2 years ago, used)
Please help me, I'll give you any information i have.

It looks much like this, (and is black):

Uh, so your buying that as your first electric and its worth um.... $2 346,79 USD? Even if its not worth that much and its like that guitar above, it has a floyd rose and is very nice.

You should really get something cheaper and simpler for your first electric. A good amp is more important.
Quote by _3Lm0_
Uh, so your buying that as your first electric and its worth um.... $2 346,79 USD? Even if its not worth that much and its like that guitar above, it has a floyd rose and is very nice.

You should really get something cheaper and simpler for your first electric. A good amp is more important.

He asked if i wanted to buy it for 1 005,77 USD, and i also get a marshall amp ( about 1.2 * 0.5 metres) and a box thing where you put in your cables and adjust the sound ( also marshall)
He said that he's going to send it to a guitar-shop that'll fix it up, and it'll be better than new

P.S I've been playing acoustic guitar for 2 years now
Last edited by =NOR=pwn at Mar 23, 2007,
If any1 knows about a good starter guitar (but i'm not a complete n00b, so i'm not gonna buy some Reef shit or something) ;P
Every suggestion will be concidered, I need all the help i can get, i'm playing a concert next month.
Even if you got it for $1500 US, that's still a lot to pay for your first electric. I definitely want to search up the serial number and such of it and make sure it's worth that before you even think of buying it. Even then, that's a lot of money for your first electric. Spend more like $500, and another $500 on a good tube amp, and you'll be very happy, I assure you.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Don't most Ibanez guitars have their model number stamped on the back of the headstock? He should at least be able to tell you what kind of amp it is.

Regardless - you need to educate yourself a little more and shop around/try different guitars before you invest so much money in a used rig. Can you get any pictures of the actual guitar and amp? It's impossible to tell what they actually are just by what you wrote.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
I'll try to get a picture of the actual guitar, but there's no model number on the headstock.
The guy who's selling the guitar says that he doesent know what it's called but he THINKS than it's called "pro" something.
I'll also try to find out what the amp is called.
I've been playing on that guitar for a little while now, when we practice at this guys studio (once a week).
It sounds good.
I want a guitar that can use 3-4 years (at least) and still have fun with, and play some more advanced songs on in the future, without finding out that the guitar is crap .
Thanks for all the help so far, I really appreciate it.
I can't get an actual picture of it before tuesday.
All i've got is a crappy mobile picture, you can't even see it's a guitar!!
I wouldn't pay a nickel unless he can confirm with a reliable source what model it is and its resale value.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by =NOR=pwn
I'll try to get a picture of the actual guitar, but there's no model number on the headstock.
The guy who's selling the guitar says that he doesent know what it's called but he THINKS than it's called "pro" something.
I'll also try to find out what the amp is called.
I've been playing on that guitar for a little while now, when we practice at this guys studio (once a week).
It sounds good.
I want a guitar that can use 3-4 years (at least) and still have fun with, and play some more advanced songs on in the future, without finding out that the guitar is crap .
Thanks for all the help so far, I really appreciate it.

Almost any guitar can last 4 years.
so you can play more advanced stuff on beginner-guitars and get sound that you don't think is shit when you get more serious? ( a more serious guitarplayer)

When I got the money to buy a good/better guitar, why buy a beginner-guitar and then buy a good guitar after a few years, that's kind of a waste of money, don't you think?