Quote by GiantRaven
Do they have to pay for bills?

all i saw was that he have them 1000$ to move in.
Quote by highway62
How come the homeless get all the breaks in life

I should be hurting you.
Yes they have to pay utilities.

I think it's really cool what that guy is doing.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

What about taxes, insurance and all that other crap that comes with home-ownership? It's got to be difficult to pay for utilities for a house that big. They'll probably live there for a few months before they realize they can't afford the upkeep, and then what? Back to the shelter?
Quote by thedude051
bubbaearl...Man that is...THE SICKEST NAME EVER!!!

Quote by Stress Cow
bubbaearl... apparently it's the sickest name ever

Are you over 30?
Probably not, but if you are, click HERE.
Quote by JamieB
Yes they have to pay utilities.

I think it's really cool what that guy is doing.

Its really cool? All he's doing is giving them a house

Where do they get the money to live?
David Gilmour donated a mansion to the homeless. He sold it and donated the money (£3.6 million). He also didn't make a press release and pose for a photo op.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Last edited by Liam Alan at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by GiantRaven
Its really cool? All he's doing is giving them a house

Where do they get the money to live?

He's given them $1000, okay... That won't last forever, but it's not a bad start, it should last a few weeks, time to look for jobs. If they don't get jobs, then they can start selling property from the house. Simple. I'm sure they can find some way of making money before the house becomes empty

Last edited by JamieB at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by JamieB
He's given them $1000, okay... That won't last forever, but it's not a bad start, it should last a few weeks, time to look for jobs. If they don't get jobs, then they can start selling property from the house. Simple.

They're hardly going to get the best of jobs though...being homeless people and all...
Quote by GiantRaven
They're hardly going to get the best of jobs though...being homeless people and all...

Well I'm sure they're smart enough to not think, "Hmmm, we're not earning much per week, I know! Let's put the heating on full and watch seven televisions at once!"

Quote by GiantRaven

'
But they're not homeless anymore

I think the guy should help them get jobs. He's obviously very rich doing something... I'm sure he can pull some strings to get them some sort of job with his company.
Read on. The guy has a history of making people homeless so he can sell property and make a quick buck. A great gesture, and great for those he gave housing to, but a blatant attempt to try and wipe the mud from his reputation.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by RockThe40oz
'
But they're not homeless anymore

I think the guy should help them get jobs. He's obviously very rich doing something... I'm sure he can pull some strings to get them some sort of job with his company.

Because homeless people just instantaneously have the skills for whatever job it is he would give them...which earns enough money to pay for living in a mansion

Argh, the more I think about this the more I think he's a ****ing asshole

It seems like he's only doing this so he looks good
yeah well i mean bottom line is that he gave a homeless person a mansion. Thats not a mean thing. Even if it was just for publicity the person still got a free mansion. So what if hes doing it to look godd which im sure he is, at every big football game they give away some huge check to some charity and they mention there product every change they get but no one gets mad at them.
Quote by GiantRaven
Because homeless people just instantaneously have the skills for whatever job it is he would give them...which earns enough money to pay for living in a mansion

Argh, the more I think about this the more I think he's a ****ing asshole

It seems like he's only doing this so he looks good

They don't have to be good at something that would afford living in a mansion.. he just has to pay them more than they deserve for the work they do. It's not that hard to be a secretary or receptionist.. and they make a lot more money than some laundry attendant.

Besides... it says in the article he only picked working, single mothers.

Meaning they already have a job. Granted, it's probably not enough to pay utilities and food for their 4 kids... but having two jobs and living in a mansion is better than having one job and living on the streets...
Quote by RockThe40oz
They don't have to be good at something that would afford living in a mansion.. he just has to pay them more than they deserve for the work they do. It's not that hard to be a secretary or receptionist.. and they make a lot more money than some laundry attendant.

Besides... it says in the article he only picked working, single mothers.

Meaning they already have a job. Granted, it's probably not enough to pay utilities and food for their 4 kids... but having two jobs and living in a mansion is better than having one job and living on the streets...

Why would he give them more money? Thats just pointless...
Quote by highway62
yeah well i mean bottom line is that he gave a homeless person a mansion. Thats not a mean thing. Even if it was just for publicity the person still got a free mansion. So what if hes doing it to look godd which im sure he is, at every big football game they give away some huge check to some charity and they mention there product every change they get but no one gets mad at them.

I think the bottom line is that he's a human being devoid of morals, doing one small good thing in an attempt to attone for probably a lifetime of climbing ladders and taking huge festering shits on everyone below him.

What a great guy!

They don't have to be good at something that would afford living in a mansion.. he just has to pay them more than they deserve for the work they do.

Yeah, because the last thing we need is more politicians.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
There's a thing called Squatters rights, if you leave your window open, and you're out, and someone comes in without breaking anything, you can't make them leave. But they can't use your property.

Also if they stay there for 12 years and 1 day, and they have proof, then they get the house. But you can file a court order and get them removed before that happens. It's all very dodgy but it's true.
Awh, why can't someone do something nice without being questioned?

I hope it works out for them and inspires to do the same.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Woo!Yay!
There's a thing called Squatters rights, if you leave your window open, and you're out, and someone comes in without breaking anything, you can't make them leave. But they can't use your property.

Also if they stay there for 12 years and 1 day, and they have proof, then they get the house. But you can file a court order and get them removed before that happens. It's all very dodgy but it's true.

But what if you have lived there for longer than 12 years?
Quote by Caustic
I think the bottom line is that he's a human being devoid of morals, doing one small good thing in an attempt to attone for probably a lifetime of climbing ladders and taking huge festering shits on everyone below him.

What a great guy!

Yeah, because the last thing we need is more politicians.

Yes, because it's a well known fact that people who give to charities are devoid of morals...

Seriously, grow up.

Quote by JamieB
Yes, because it's a well known fact that people who give to charities are devoid of morals...

He has been criticized for evicting tenants of his rental homes on short notice so he could sell the properties, as in 2002 when he gave hundreds of California tenants 30 days to leave.

Two years later, he served eviction notices to tenants in 27 Oahu rental homes, mostly in pricey Hawaii Kai, saying they had to leave within a month. He said he wanted to sell the houses to take advantage of rising prices.

Sounds like a fine, upstanding and caring individual.
Quote by GiantRaven
But what if you have lived there for longer than 12 years?

It dosen't matter. If you have the deed to the house, and you have a squatter living with you for 12 years and a day then he gets the house.
Quote by Caustic
Sounds like a fine, upstanding and caring individual.

That's called business.

Quote by JamieB
That's called business.

Yes, it is. Thanks for pointing that out.
Quote by Woo!Yay!
It dosen't matter. If you have the deed to the house, and you have a squatter living with you for 12 years and a day then he gets the house.

I dont understand how that works if you've been living there longer
Quote by GiantRaven
Why would he give them more money? Thats just pointless...

No, what's pointless is giving somebody a huge house that they can't afford to live in without giving them any sort of help to pay bills.

And I think the squatter's rights laws only apply in certain areas and to property that nobody is currently living in.
Quote by RockThe40oz
No, what's pointless is giving somebody a huge house that they can't afford to live in without giving them any sort of help to pay bills.

I agree...
Quote by GiantRaven
I agree...

Don't forget, they were okay paying $800 per *time period* before.

They're still working, so unless their wage has decreased, they're still earning more than $800 per *time period*.

So all they really have to do is control the use of utilities and the like.

Would it not of been easier to give them like 66 normal houses then 22 mansions?
Still nice of him though.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!

No, it's if the squatter lives in the property for 12 years and nobody claims ownership of it. They have to prove they've lived there continuously for those 12 years, though.

I know squatters can get a "section 6" that states they're the legal occupants and entering without their permission is illegal... even for the person who legally owns the building, and you have to go through court to shift them.

That's in the UK anyway. Except Scotland, where it's legal to turf them out by any means you can get away with in a court of law.

Squatting is some crazy shit.