Page 1 of 2
I have been only on this forum for a short period of time, mostly to just to lurk and just get info on guitar/ music.. what not..

but this is a Hardcore thead, and i realized most of the bands discussed are either not really hardcore bands at all..

i mean honetly im not trying to be an ass about this but it just bothers me..

and again its just my opinion and i dont see it changing anything at all..

I really only listion to hardcore, so i have a good grasp of what hardcore is as far as the music style/ perspective is..

and ALOT of the bands listed on this section of the forum are not of that style in alot of ways..

for example

in this thread bands like.. ( i am not bashing these bands, in anyway)

Trivium
Lamb of god
Devil weres prada
avenged sevenfold
Horse the band
See you next tuesday
Job for a cowboy
waking the cadavor
and the list goes on and on

now these are all amazing bands dot get me wrong, but there all of a cross-over style.. and do not have really much hardcore influence.. thier more metal influenced than anything..

Now i realize i have really no say in what is hardcore music or not to people, but the fact of the matter most of these bands have more metal influence, just because they have breakdowns and kids dance/mosh to doesnt make them a hardocre band PERIOD. I just think people have a cross view of hardcore, get it confused with music that couldent be more different.

now im not really looking for an argument, because I am just curious why A "HARDCORE" thread is filled with bands that couldent be father from the style and sound of traditional hardcore. In which this forum states it is for..

now no disrespect to anyone who posts, because its thier opinion, i just was wondering if anyone feels the same about this, because its a been a bother to me since ive been on here..

again, this is not a reason to be a dick to me for my theary, and opinion..

discuss..
i kno exactly wat u mean man, im wit u
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
This forum has always been a mixture of hardcore and metalcore, it has stayed that way but as the lines between hardcore and metal blur further we've had to become more accepting in what is allowed in here. Also the metal forum has always been for bands that are stricly metal and do not allow anything that is fused with any lesser form of music. Also as the popularity of hardcore does waine if this forum were on it's own it would wither considerably.

I understand where you're coming from and agree with you to large extent in the fact that a lot of the bands in here lean closer to metal than hardcore but the forum has always been run this way and it has worked so I intend to keep it that way. However there has been talk of trying to get the forum to stand on it's own, we will have to see if this comes to fruition though.

Good call on voicing this though, it will prove a healthy discussion I would imagine.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
i hear you loud and clear. im not a harcore merson, but i always saw lamb of god and trivium as straight up metal bands.
could you list some REAL hardcore bands?
Quote by metalhead987
i hear you loud and clear. im not a harcore merson, but i always saw lamb of god and trivium as straight up metal bands.

If you check out the stickied Hardcore FAQ there's a section marked 'Old School Hardcore', check out the bands there and you should be good to go for early hardcore. If you want some other bands, throw me a PM and i'll put together a list of bands, songs and albums.
All-O-Gistics:

Quote by metalhead987

Without being a dick, they're metalcore.

Here's a list of hardcore bands. Hope it helps. I purposely choose pretty big ones, so you'll find easy access to them.

Old School Hardcore: Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat
'New School' Hardcore: Morden Life Is War, Have Heart
Straight Up Hardcore: Down To Nothing, Champion
Tough Guy Hardcore: Terror, 100 Demons
Alt Versions Of Hardcore: Stick To Your Guns, Shai Hulud
To be quite honest, myself and others post a lot of threads for Thrash/Hardcore bands but they usually get buried within a day with metalcore/deathcore threads. Nothing wrong with that though. If you want to know some good bands, we do have A HARDCORE RECCOMENDATION THREAD that is actually on this page.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
The forum description says "hardcore" and "metalcore" bands but I know where your coming from and your not a dick for posting this.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
list of bands I recomend..hmm

Most precious blood
Terror
BITE THE CURB
Ignite the will
Dead Hearts
Black my heart
The warriors
100 demons
Full blown chaos
Freya
Too pure to die
Xtyrantx
Remembering never
Dance floor justice
CDC
Sworn enemy
Reach the sky
The promise
xAFBx
comeback kid
Figure four
shai hulud
Suffocate faster
Poison for profit
HOODS
Blood in/Blood out
The Killer
Stick to your guns
Champion
Stretch armstrong
Pale-horse
Death before dishonor
First Blood (perferably old stuff)

I'll post more in a bit, im busy.
Im with you on this
damn metalcore
all the kids into it think its Hardcore
theres a huge diffence
to add more to the lists

Internal Affairs
Violation
Bracewar
Ceremony
If looks could kill, my charm will scatter faceless dead bodies, everywhere
I am, but only post 2000 metalcore.

Good stuff like Botch, Merauder, Coalesce, Integrity & Converge can stay.
Quote by XstygX
Im with you on this
damn metalcore
all the kids into it think its Hardcore
theres a huge diffence
to add more to the lists

Internal Affairs
Violation
Bracewar
Ceremony

Most kids round here think metalcore is straight up tr00 metal
Quote by StuartR
I am, but only post 2000 metalcore.

Good stuff like Botch, Merauder, Coalesce, Integrity & Converge can stay.

I agree, we should sort out the crap into the new 'Terrible teens' forum. Now then we'd have a place designated for

'Avnged 7X is teh rulz orz! Ihps tehy comme to toor at my homtown uv Jursey. It sux here I wisk I cud just die Z! But who likes A7X? '

type posts. Maybe I'm just one man though.
I just figured all of that stuff (metalcore, deathcore, grindcore, emocore, tough guy etc) all fit under the category of "Hardcore." I geuss pretty much any band that uses the whole E-string (or D or C or whatever you got it tuned to) rythym is posted about in here.
Quote by mortiis999

ugh either way its annoying
Quote by mortiis999

Well, don't you think that Lamb of God has almost no influences outside of metal? That it is true metal?
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
Quote by ragebass89
Well, don't you think that Lamb of God has almost no influences outside of metal? That it is true metal?

I'm with you completely, but the metal forum here would throw a FIT if their pure forum had anything but the most kvlt metal there was in it...
I vote for seperation.
Quote by Silentnight66
Because this thread has Hitler and being hyper in it here's the fact of the day. Hitler was a meth addict.
The thing that I don't get is that hardcore punk bands are supposed to be discussed here, but I see people talking about them in the punk forum all the time, what's up with that? And no one ever wants to talk about Crossover Thrash bands.
Quote by YYZ
I just figured all of that stuff (metalcore, deathcore, grindcore, emocore, tough guy etc) all fit under the category of "Hardcore." I geuss pretty much any band that uses the whole E-string (or D or C or whatever you got it tuned to) rythym is posted about in here.

You'll not find much e string use in Emocore, a lot of high e but not much low.
Im against the idea all in all - I think keeping it mixed together lets everything kinda jive and helps us find new stuff. If it wasnt for the mixed nature I probably wouldnt have become a Life In Pictures fan or Botch fan etc because i would have been stuck listening to LoG or something of the nature.

Keeping the broader base pulls everyone into new bands and keeps it together. Separating it would be a mistake and injustice in my honest opinion. But either way, life goes on.
But Minor Threat sound nothing like Job For A Cowboy and if I want to find new death metal or talk about it I'll go to the metal forum, not some shit scenesters playing the same tech riffs followed by the same breakdowns people have been complaining about in hardcore.

You've probably not discovered the 1000s of other great bands in Emo, Indie, Jazz, Dance & Hip-Hop but does that mean it should be in one big forum?
Quote by Craigo
Without being a dick, they're metalcore.

i disagree... theres no real link to 'hardcore' at all in there music. people say nah they are metalcore cos they have chug chug breakdowns sometimes but really breakdowns never came from hardcore in the first place. The only reason they get labelled metalcore in this forum is cos the metal forum (hu r deadshits if they believe LoG have anything to do with hardcore) reject them calling them that. I know a couple of metalheads who r pretty old thatd would call them metal. ide call bands like integrity, ringworm, Buried alive and agnostic front metalcore bands...
The Metal forum is for Metal. The people on there like it that way. It's a nice forum with hardly any arguments and the best discussions on the entire board. If Trivium were suddenly allowed in there, the world would end.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by Shine On...
I agree, we should sort out the crap into the new 'Terrible teens' forum. Now then we'd have a place designated for

'Avnged 7X is teh rulz orz! Ihps tehy comme to toor at my homtown uv Jursey. It sux here I wisk I cud just die Z! But who likes A7X? '

type posts. Maybe I'm just one man though.

What so every Avenged Sevenfold fan is an illiterate teen?
Really thats very open minded of you.
Honest.
Haha
I actually KNEW that someone would post that exact reply.
Well its nice to know people aren't judgemental in this day and age.
I've loved them for years and I am quite able to spell thank you.
So why don't we just make a sub-forum thingy for metalcore/emo/grind/whatever?
Quote by YYZ
So why don't we just make a sub-forum thingy for metalcore/emo/grind/whatever?

because it should be in a sub-forum in Metal due to it being closer to metal then hardcore
I don't care where you put it, actually I don't care about this at all.
Why don't you just make two categories:

Metalcore/ Hardcore

and

Hardcore Punk

It would save some time.
Quote by Gymmeh
You're welcome.

Put down the handbag and toughen up, cupcake.

Just because I listen to Avenged doesnt put me in a pathetic wannabe category.
And you're one to talk about toughening up,darling.
^ Seriously? Everyone just chill.

Something really bothers me, and I'm quite aware that for saying it I'll most likely get shot down, but that just strengthens my point. Of all the forums on this site, this is the most fractured, the most aggressive and the hardest place to say how you feel.

Maybe separating the two genres would solve some problems, maybe not. It might make the boundaries a bit easier to see for those who are new to the genres, but then again it might create yet more conflict through arguments over where bands belong.

C'mon guys, we're better than this.
Quote by kryptonite22
^ Seriously? Everyone just chill.

Something really bothers me, and I'm quite aware that for saying it I'll most likely get shot down, but that just strengthens my point. Of all the forums on this site, this is the most fractured, the most aggressive and the hardest place to say how you feel.

Maybe separating the two genres would solve some problems, maybe not. It might make the boundaries a bit easier to see for those who are new to the genres, but then again it might create yet more conflict through arguments over where bands belong.

C'mon guys, we're better than this.

But come on man, don't you know that it's just the way? We were all raised on the mean, hard streets of UG where flaming is just a way of life.
All-O-Gistics:

Page 1 of 2