Steve's on tour again (Europe) . I know theres a separate 'steve vai only thread' but i thought his tour should have its own thread.
only a few dates are confirmed atm, but am sure the rest will be confirmed soon. anyone know if hes announced who's touring with him? Eric Sardinas was amazing last year with him.
indeed he is.. i got a newsletter from him in the mail saying so..

sadly i wont get to see him
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by Stratwizard
He has a new line-up on this tour, and he'll probably be accompanied by a violin player.

what? please tell me hes still got Billy Sheehan on bass.
I'd love to see die to live live now he'll probably play some of the more irregular or 'solo guitar' oriented stuff because he dosen't have tony and billy to contend the stage with.
Originally posted by TapMaster
If you break a JEM you know your going to go to hell when you die

Only member of the 'This is too immature for me' club.
i hope soooo bad that he announces some canadian dates sometime
I like guitar and good music!
Dave Mustaine is the man

Member 36 of the Iron Maiden are gods club
PM Revelations to join
Tell me when he announces the date for the states.

What's this evo package?

EDIT: And where can I hear fire strings?
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Last edited by Hidde at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by Hidde
Tell me when he announces the date for the states.

What's this evo package?

EDIT: And where can I hear fire strings?

It's a special ticket you buy, that get's you in early to the venue, where you get to have q&a with steve, meet him, get him to sign whatever, watch the soundcheck, and pick what seats you want for the gig. You also get some other things.

EDIT: http://www.vai.com/News/evo_premium.html
Last edited by duggyrocks at Mar 23, 2007,
Quote by stiff-upper-lip
what? please tell me hes still got Billy Sheehan on bass.

he's got nobody from the breed in the new line up, but steve said that this was just a "small tour" and maybe they might be back in the tour after this one
Quote by eXor
he's got nobody from the breed in the new line up, but steve said that this was just a "small tour" and maybe they might be back in the tour after this one

i don't care if there back in the tour after this one, i want them in this tour
o well, it'll still be good, might see how much evo tickets are and get them
Quote by duggyrocks
It's a special ticket you buy, that get's you in early to the venue, where you get to have q&a with steve, meet him, get him to sign whatever, watch the soundcheck, and pick what seats you want for the gig. You also get some other things.

EDIT: http://www.vai.com/News/evo_premium.html

AWESOME!
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by duggyrocks
Cool, little chance he'll come to ireland though

He was here last year so I'm guessing he'll probably come again.

WTF......... no Sheehan ?? What about Weiner ?? Colson ?? Macalpine ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I got Vai's newsletter too, and it states that he will play venues in the U.S. as well. I've only heard of ones in Europe so far. Maybe he's just deciding which ones to play?
My Guitar
>Ibanez RG7620 (7 string)

Originally Posted by Outside Octaves
... ah, the bliss of ignorience!
Personally I really liked him with his usuall lineup because they were all able to do amazing things together. Vai without MacAlpine or Sheehan or Weiner its just not the same.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
hmmmm, well after reading what Vai said I think it should be a pretty good gig.

Hmmm, well, since it's a relatively short tour it might be a good opportunity to do something different and perhaps change the band up.

It's tough. The Breed is like a family to me and although I know that we can probably get together anytime and do a gig or tour, this is may be a good opportunity to try something a little different. Tony and Billy won't be joining me on this run - but they are actually doing a project together and you won't want to miss them when they tour Europe in October!

So, since there is no studio album with a firm band that I'm touring on, anything goes. I'm thinking of having a violin player in the band that can understand how to play like a violin player but still rip it up when necessary. Imagine some of those guitar lines doubled with a violin. That's pretty strung up!

Well, let's see how auditions go.