Quote by RockThe40oz
You're not going to get a good MG Marshall for the price of guitar hero...

You're not going to get a good MG anywhere
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Whats Guitar Hero? is it that PS game??

if so.. wtf??? whats up with that game?? my cousins have been buggin me to get it. Can someone explain whats so great about it??
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron

if so.. wtf??? whats up with that game?? my cousins have been buggin me to get it. Can someone explain whats so great about it??

I dont know why, but its such a fucking great game. Fun as all hell.
Quote by Maxi Mezcal
Firstly, not having a Nirvana avatar is a start. Then you can go get this amp. Then you shall have attained this.

Go forth my child, GO!

*runs*

*but trips on a lighter and some gas"

hmmm... I wonder what would happen if I....

- anyway whats wrong with nirvana?
a micro cube

*CLOSED*
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by FrozenSheep
where do I atain this common sense you speak of?

In a decent MG?
Guitar hero is basically a rythm action game with a guitar controller
you strum the pddle thing on the guitar whilst pressing one of the 5 'frets' to correspond whats on the screen.
its actually really good fun once you get into the controls
care to explain whats it about?
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
ive read bad things about MG's but the amps the way to go, why would you play a video game guitar when you can play a REAL guitar.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by xtopher_aaron

PS2 and Xbox.....Plastic guitar, strum bar, 5 fret buttons and addictive as hell.....It's like Dance Dance revolution, you strum a button when it comes up the the fretboard on the screen....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
It's not like a sotry
you just get like 60-70 tracks that have been sort of tabbed out for the game but only using the 5 different frets on the controller

and you play along etc
unlocking songs and raising the difficulty as you go along.
pretty simple but its addictive
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
ive read bad things about MG's but the amps the way to go, why would you play a video game guitar when you can play a REAL guitar.

because in guitar hero you spen about 30 minutes and you'll be able to play an awesome song with no effort. In guitar most guitar players have to play fopr hours to get the song right.

this looks like a pretty decent mg amp

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/marshall/mg15dfx/index.html
Any Marshall amp that's going for $100, probably isn't going to be all that great. I'd say, either save up for a really good amp, or just waste your money on a guitar game that will get you no where.

Quote by MOOSE_CCR99

you stole my avatar
Quote by guitarkid2113
Any Marshall amp that's going for $100, probably isn't going to be all that great. I'd say, either save up for a really good amp, or just waste your money on a guitar game that will get you no where.

It helped me incorporate my pinky into my guitar played since the buttons are good stamina builders.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Guitar Hero.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
a micro cube

*CLOSED*

Mod complex ftw!

Usually Marshall MGs suck, though they are not as horrible as people say they are( Laney Hardcore are far worse IMO). Can't you wait a bit and buy a decent amp, like a roland micro cube, which costs a bit more then 100$, around 130$ I think.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Last edited by Hells_Bell at Mar 23, 2007,
100 dollars for a Mg is like buying food out of a trashcan. not advisable. Unless you're into that whole "I Rawk caz I gats a Marshall but i wont tel u da name of it but its iniitials is mg lol." **** don't do it. Save for a Roland Cube (Anything) A Vox or a Mesa Booge....(The Mesa Boogie will take a few weeks for a millionaire to save for, and for you, due to your obviously uneducated self, a few lifetimes.)
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
a micro cube

*CLOSED*

you better watch your step boy

but yeah i agree go with a micro cube for the price, or even better save up some
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by FrozenSheep
What should I buy a decent MG marshall or a guitar hero?

Pardon?
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by saxaxe
/oxymoron

guitar hero.

Just about to say the exact same thing
Quote by Hells_Bell
Mod complex ftw!

Usually Marshall MGs suck, though they are not as horrible as people say they are( Laney Hardcore are far worse IMO). Can't you wait a bit and buy a decent amp, like a roland micro cube, which costs a bit more then 100$, around 130$ I think.

im a proud owner of a laney hardcore, good times in 5th grade, man. I remember staying up late at night learning green day songs
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
im a proud owner of a laney hardcore, good times in 5th grade, man. I remember staying up late at night learning green day songs

My friend had that amp, and I used to come over to his house with my Ibanez Tone Blaster. Together we had the worst tone in the world.
<Omri> I love trannys too..