boy oh boy these amps just suck. who would buy marshall or line 6? I think they are just bad. They sound bad, they are hard to work, they don't look like other amps, they smell funny, they don't have good tone, the distortion isn't quite the right distortion, the reverb doesn't reverberate right, the clean isn't clean enough, the overdrive isn't driven enough or wait maybe it's too much. Just trying too fit in here, this seems to be the latest bash craze here, so I just want to join the crowd and be one of you guys. This makes me feel cooler already.
Have you only tried MG's and Spiders?

Their higher end stuff is supposed to be decent.

Edit: You wanna be cool? Play bass.
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Mar 23, 2007,
ERM.
At least be accurate with what your slagging off and at least make sure you've played what your slagging off.

Valve powered marshalls are the machines of gods - or at least a way to put it where as the MG models are crapcakes.
As are the Line 6 spider models but the higher end ones such as the floxtone are still relatively good.

so yes. MGand spiders are bad. and i know - i have a tube amp and i have played on both of the amps
Considering all the great bands that use/used Marshalls I can't say they're bad. However, they really aren't for me either. I like Fenders.
Quote by lime dna
boy oh boy these amps just suck. who would buy marshall or line 6? I think they are just bad. They sound bad, they are hard to work, they don't look like other amps, they smell funny, they don't have good tone, the distortion isn't quite the right distortion, the reverb doesn't reverberate right, the clean isn't clean enough, the overdrive isn't driven enough or wait maybe it's too much. Just trying too fit in here, this seems to be the latest bash craze here, so I just want to join the crowd and be one of you guys. This makes me feel cooler already.

i detect a comedian.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I had an MG 15DFX, the reason I got a new amp is to get a bigger one, not because I wasn't happy with the MG. MGs aren't the best, but I agree that they're bashed too much by far. Maybe it's that people with other amps don't like the fact that MGs have so many features for relatively lower prices compared to other equal-Wattage amps. Anyway, I love the reverb and delay on the MG DFX, they were so good.

I do hope people realise that the threadstarter is mocking all the haters that jump on the bandwagon with bashing.
Last edited by mattyp90 at Mar 23, 2007,
Sarcasm... (slightly mixed with a tinkle of taking the piss out of the amount of people that ALWAYS say them exact things)

yay or nay?
Quote by lime dna

Quote by xsouldriverx
#1) who bashes marshall's
#2) Line 6 vetas are amazing amps and have amazing modeling choices, mixes, and effects options, and they can be updated

You obviously have one.
Quote by xsouldriverx
#1) who bashes marshall's

anyone who wants to mate, marshall aint untouchable you realise
Quote by maXterbat0r
Have you only tried MG's and Spiders?

Their higher end stuff is supposed to be decent.

Edit: You wanna be cool? Play bass.

lol I second the playing bass part
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Bass Ftw!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^defo. Then ppl won't be going on about marshalls and line6's all the time, just don't start slagging off hartke and trace elliot (not that line6's are comparable to trace elliot or ne thing...)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Well, Marshall do do a bass amp, the VBA400, all tube, apparently it's a bit good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
first of all, people are entitled to their opinions. if their opinion is that these amps are bad, then that's okay. it seems to be a popular idea. but we're not bashing them. they are bad. i used to own a spider II, i got rid of it. it IS that bad of an amp.

*reported*
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!